Monday, March 30, 2020

WEEK OF 03/30/2020 - POWER 90 - ROUND 1 - WEEK 3

MONDAY - MARCH 30, 2020 - POWER 90 - Sculpt 1-2

I;m getting to the point where I'm dreading this one because I know how tired I am doing it. Today, I did the bicep moves during the small break before each set. This gave me a small break during the set, which made things go a bit easier. The Pull-ups went a bit better than they had been, certainly better than last Friday.

Time: 29 minutes; Calories Burned: 304; Avg Heart Rate: 127.


TUESDAY - MARCH 31, 2020 - POWER 90 - Sweat 1-2 + Ab Ripper 100 

I still don't know I'm out of touch with the Run Lungers and second set of Jumping Jacks, but I an. I'm taking breaks during those two moves. I feel like I'm an idiot, but my legs ain't movin'

Time:


WEDNESDAY - APRIL 1, 2020 - POWER 90 - Sculpt 1-2

I switched things up a bit again. I did the Biceps move before the start pf each set again, but today I tried doing my added pull-up move where the bicep moves would have been. The end result was that my pull-ups suffered again. I think I added a few reps to a few moves and think I inadvertedly  decreased my rep count on one move. Can't remember which one. No increase in weight on any of the moves. I'm wearing myself out as is, but that shouldn't be an excuse. I'll try and increase the weight on at least one move next time.

Time: 29 minutesl Calories Burned: 268; Avg Heart Rate: 119.


THURSDAY - APRIL 2, 2020 - POWER 89 - Swat 1-2 + Ab Ripper 100

Status quo. Didn't even really attempt the Run Lunges. Everything else went well.

Time: 41 minutes; Calories Burned: 343; Avg Heart Rate: 112.


FRIDAY - APRIL 3, 2020 - POWER 90 - Sculpt 1-2

I wasn't looking forward to this so I changed things up a bit. During the warm up I did the three bicep moves and also the three pull-up moves I'd added in. The pull-ups weren't great, but better than Wednesday. Once we started for real, I went a bit faster than they did. With the extra time I had because I'd already done the biceps moves, I added a few reps onto a lot of the moves. I felt it was a good trade off.

Time: 29 minutes; Calories Burned: 319; Avg Heart Rate: 130.


SATURDAY - APRIL 4, 2010 - POWER 90 - Sculpt 1-2 + Ab Ripper 100

A good workout. It does tire me out a bit in certain areas.

Time: 41 minutes; Calories Burned: 315; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


SUNDAY - APRIL 5, 2020 - TONY HORTON - Ho' Ala ke Kino

This is a stretch / yoga routine of Tony's from 2002. Power 90 doesn't have much yoga, so I thought I'd try it. The stretch part is pretty much the same as the first few minutes of Yoga X. With about 10 minutes left in the workout he went into a Power Yoga section which I wasn't prepared for. The moves were basic and familiar, but he was doing them at breakneck speed including the two push-ups going into Upward Dog and Downward Dog. It winded me, maybe because I wasn't expecting it, but I actually had to hit pause for a bit. A nice routine for a Sunday, and it gets my stretching in for the week.

Time: 27 minutes; Calories Burned: 183; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN 

Weight: 167.4 (-1.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 14.8% (-0.5%)

Both are big drops. Maybe they're legit, but usually when I experience drops like that, there is a bit of a bounce back the following week. I may have not eaten as much crap this week.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I still don't know what to think. I'm going all out on the Sculpt routine. I'm still getting a bit sore and stiff, but don't know if I feel the results. On the Sweat routine I don't feel like I'm killing myself, but in the end, I'm burning a lot of calories for the time involved. I thought I might get bored with doing the two workouts over and over again, but I'm not. Maybe in the back of my mind I feel like I'm not working as hard as with P90X or the One On One's, and I'm cheating myself, but I really needed to back off a bit. The thing is, I'm enjoying myself, and I don't think I'm going backwards with these routines. I'm going into the 3-4 phase tomorrow which just adds a bit to the 1-2 phase. We'll see what happens.

No comments: