Monday, April 13, 2020

WEEK OF 04/13/2020 - POWER 90 - ROUND 1 - WEEK 5

MONDAY - APRIL 13, 2020 - POWER 90 - Sculpt Circuit 3-4

As I did with last Friday, I did Biceps, Shoulders, Back, and Pull-ups before I even started the video. Wanting to know how long it would take me to do the workout in real time, I started my timer when I did the first move (I didn't do a warm up). I did the remaining moves while the video was running, and stopped tmy timer when I finished the last move. It took me 44 minutes to complete everything. They go much faster on the video, completing the actual workout, without warm-up and cool down in about 33 minutes. As I said before, I can't keep up with that pace. I'm not even sure they did.

Time: 44 minutes; Calories Burned: 487; Avg Heart Rate: 129.


TUESDAY - APRIL 14, 2020 - POWER 90 - Sweat Cardio 3-4 + Ab Ripper 200

Good as usual on the Sweat. On Ab Ripper I was really feeling it, in a good way.

Time: 49 minutes; Calories Burned: 380; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


WEDNESDAY - APRIL 15, 2020 - POWER 90 - Sculpt Circuit 3-4

I got home and took a good 20 minute nap. I then tried to talk to myself about the workout. As with many times in the past I wondered how I was going to get through it. Should I use lighter weights? Should I use bands? Should I get all the tough moves done ahead of time like I did the last few times? I ended up deciding to do the workout as it was laid out and take breaks when I needed them. I did do a few things out of sequence, but for the most part I stayed with them and took six or seven 30 second to 1 minute breaks. It worked out well. The pull-ups were OK, except foe one set when I only got three in. I was just spent at that time. On some moves I did less than last time because I didn't have as much time between moves. I think I did a few more reps than last time on at least one move, Heavy Pants. I do need to look at increasing my weights in a few places. I just don't know where, because this thing wears you out in a hurry. If you do this workout right, it's no joke, even though it's supposedly a starter program. I've added sets of pull-ups to the routine because there aren't any pull-ups in the workout, and I've also added weights to the lunges and squats, so I am increasing the intensity right there. The nice thing is that I can feel it in my legs. My quads are certainly feeling more muscular.

Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 379; Avg Heart Rate: 123.


THURSDAY - APRIL 16, 2020 - POWER 90 - Sweat Cardio 3-4 + Ab Ripper 200

I actually look forward to this one. I like almost all of the moves, especially the kicks and punches sections.

Time: 49 minutes; Calories Burned: 347; Avg Heart Rate: 106.


FRIDAY - APRIL 17, 2020 - POWER 90 - Sculpt Circuit 3-4

I wasn't looking forward to it, but I just did it. It went pretty good. I only did a few moves out of sequence, The bicep moves I did early and I did the pull-up moves where the bicep moves would have bee, I really struggled with the pull-ups. At that point of the circuit my arms are toast, and it's only two moves after the heavy weighted back moves. I originally inserted the pull-up moves at the end of each circuit, after the leg moves, so I might just leave them there. Today I used a running timer. When I paused the workout I left my heart monitor running. The workout is usually 38 minutes. I did it in 41, so I only had three minutes of pause time, which I think is pretty good, considering what I'm doing.

Time: 41 minutes; Calories Burned: 450; Avg Heart Rate: 129.


SATURDAY - APRIL 18, 2020 - POWER 90 - Sweat Cardio 3-4 + Ab Ripper 200

Same as usual, but I was putting it off a bit. Didn't get to iy until mid evening.

Time: 49 minutes; Calories Burned: 336; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


SUNDAY - APRIL 19, 2020 - TONY HORTON - Ho' ala ke Kino 

I put this one off a bit also. The workout went OK. I don't really like the Power Yoga pat because he's going too fast and it's not relaxing.

Time: 27 minutes; Calories Burned: 150; Avg Heart Rate: 99.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 169.4 (+1.4 lbs)
Body Fat: 15.2% (+0.1%)

Bouncing around with the weight. Still not eating great. Need to make a commitment,.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

It's Jekyll and Hyde with the workouts. I'm dreading Sculpt and really liking Sweat. Sculpt is just beating the hell out of me. I'm sore all over. I'm also not happy about the eating, but my mind is elsewhere. I've broken a few teeth lately, so I don't feel like eating all the time, so I just grab something simple, and it's usually not good.

No comments: