Tuesday, April 28, 2020

WEEK OF 04/27/2020 - POWER 90 - ROUND 1 - WEEK 7

MONDAY - APRIL 27, 2020 - POWER 90 Master Series - Sculpt Circuit 5-6

I had been able to find the move list online, but still wasn't sure what to expect because I couldn't find any YouTube videos of this routine. I wasn't sure if I wanted to add the four pull-up moves I'd added into Sculpt 3-4. When I got up in the morning I did the four pull-up moves around my shower. I got ore reps than usual in, and I felt pretty good about it. However, when I got to work I started eating some donut holes someone had brought in. I had only a bowl of soup for lunch. I was a bit hungry when I got home and ate more junk. I was feeling really sluggish, so I took a small nap which made things worse. I really didn't want to do the workout. Once I got into it, it didn't get much better. I want to say it wasn't as hard as Sculpt 3-4 because there weren't too many moves that required heavy weight. The weighted back moves were all some version of Lawnmowers, but they were done in a way I didn't want to use the 45's I used on 3-4. I thought I'd hurt myself, so I scaled back to 35's and some at 25's. On a lot of the other moves I used less weight than I should have, partly because I wasn't sure what o use, and partly because I didn't really care. Near the end I was taking all kinds of breaks because I was mentally tired. Next time I'll know what to expect and can plan better. The Master Series has more workout than just Sculpt and Sweat, so 'll only be doing this one one time per week, as opposed to the three times a week with Sculpt's 1-2 and 3-4.

Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 345; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


TUESDAY - APRIL 28, 2020 - POWER 90 Master Series - Sweat Cardio 5-6 

I've done most of this in the One On One Series in the Super Cardio workout. In that one he says it is Cardio 5-6 with a few twists. Seven of the nine moves are the same as Super Cardio. Ironically the two moves I hate the most in Super Cardio are missing from this version. Also, some of the same moves here are toned down a bit. There is a long warm-up and stretch here along with another long eight minute cool down which I thought might be excessive when I saw the time. There is no Ab Ripper at the end of this workout, so I was considering doing Ab Ripper 200 from memory during those eight minutes, but thought there might be ab work on some of the other workouts, so I stuck with the stretch and actually enjoyed it. The cardio portion of the workout was not intense, and was a big step down from Wear Cardio 3-4. Also, Tony was getting to the point of being annoying, which I never found to be the case in any of his other workout series. I'd also sensed that yesterday, but thought it was because I wasn't in a great mood. We'll see what happen the rest of the week. As with Sculpt 5-6, this one is only done once a week. While I appreciate a less aggressive workout once in a while, this one was almost too easy.

Time: 45 minutes; Calories Burned: 260; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


WEDNESDAY - APRIL 29, 2020 - POWER 90 Master Series - UML

Upper, Middle, Lower. I think I counted six rounds. Nothing extremely hard, but I could have gone lower on most of the push-ups. Today is Day 45. I'm halfway through the round. For the most part I'm enjoying it because the workouts are new to me. I'd also have to say they're a bit effective also. I can feel it it my biceps, quads, and especially in my back muscles.

Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 253; Avg Heart Rate: 105.


THURSDAY - APRIL 30, 2020 - POWER 90 Master Series - Cardio Intervals

I've done Interval X from P90X+ many many time, so I was thinking I knew what to expect, and I was right. There were less moves here and they were a bit less intense here than Interval X, but I still struggled a bit. A lot of it was from apathy. I just haven't been in the mood this week. Some of it was because it was the first time I'd done this workout, so I pace myself probably more than I should, and some of it was because my legs are just stiff and sore from the last few weeks. On top of that, my ankles really have no bounce left in them. Even Jumping Jacks are tough for me now. I don't know if that will pass. I hope so. I wasn't feeling too good about my effort in the first round, so I tried forcing myself to push harder in the second round. I did what I could. One other thing to mention about Maser Series. Tony doesn't seem as motivating and there's a weird vibe on the set. It almost seems too quiet. You can hear people's feet hitting the floor with a thud sometimes. Maybe it's just me.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 390; Avg Heart Rate: 108.


FRIDAY - MAY 1, 2020 - POWER 90 Master Series - Plyo Legs

I've done the One On One version a number of times and it's a beast. This was is a bit toned down, but it's still tough. I was feeling pretty good when I got home, so I got right into it. I pretty much kept up with the cast, but I wasn't always going as deep as they were, Still not too much spring in my ankles. Without a doubt, this was my best effort this week.

Time: 51 minutes; Calories Burned: 439; Avg Heart Rate: 116,


SATURDAY - MAY 2, 2020 - POWER 90 Master Series - Core Cardio 

I was looking at some reviews of this workout on Amazon yesterday and one said there was too much time in between moves and Tony was sillier than usual, so I wasn't really sure what to expect. Turns out Tony was the same he was in the other Master Series videos, a bit sillier than on his other programs, but not unbearable. As for the pace of the workout, I thought it was fine. There was some explaining of the moves, but nothing out of the ordinary. The workout is four moves, then repeat those four moves, It alternates between a mat (core) move and a standing cardio move. There are three sets, but for some reason the repeat on the first set is cut out. For some reason, I was thinking there were four sets and I really wan't liking a lot of the moves in the second set, so I was kind of cursing things. Once the third set ended and he started the cool down I felt much better, There were a lot of moves I didn't like such as the push up moves, the lunge and reach move and a couple others. I will say, however, that I do feel it a bit in my abs afterwards. In the future I think I'm actually going to repeat the first set even though they don't in the video. I might actually end up liking this one.

Time: 49 minutes; Calories Burned: 369; Avg Hear Rate: 106.


SUNDAY - MAY 3, 2020 - TONY HORTON - Ho' Ala Ke Kino

I think this was my best effort on this one. I was relaxed and just doing the moves as he was doing them.

Time: 27 minutes; Calories Burned: 177; Avg Heart Rate: 103


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 169.6 (no change)
Body Fat: 15.3 (no change)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I've been in a bit of a depressed mood this week. Part of it is the Corona Virus situation, part of it is other things. The workouts weren't really motivating me this week. A lot of the workouts were filled with moves I didn't like. I'm still eating like crap.

No comments: