Monday, May 11, 2020

WEEK OF 05/11/2020 - POWER 90 - ROUND 1 - WEEK 9

MONDAY - MAY 11, 2020 - POWER 90 Master Series - Sculpt Circuit 5-6 

A good worout today. I took a few mini breaks in the second half of the workout, but I did push myself. On the Lawnmowers I increased my weight from 35's to 40's. I think I did few more reps than last time on a few of the moves. I felt pretty good when done.

Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 423; Avg Heart Rate: 124.


TUESDAY - MAY 12, 2020 - POWER 90 Master Series - Sweat Cardio 5-6 

Today is an anniversary of sorts for me. I started P90X 12 years ago, on 5/12/2008. Been a good journey. Today was a fun workout. Some stretching and easy cardio moves. I liked it.

Time: 45 minutes; Calories Burned: 335; Avg Heart Rate: 110.


WEDNESDAY - MAY 13, 2020 - POWER 90 Master Series - UML

I marked down my reps today. A lot of the moves were a fixed number of reps, but the push-ips weren't, so I figured it would give me a motivational target for the future. This isn't a real tough workout, but it does have it's moments, especially on some of the timed push-up moves. It went well today..

Time: 39 minutes; Calories Burned: 341; Avg Heart Rate: 115.


THURSDAY - MAY 14, 2020 - POWER 90 Master Series - Cardio Intervals

I'll admit I didn't kill myself with the effort today. This isn't my favorite routine to begin with. I was feeling sluggish all the way through. My coordination and balance was off, and I had no bounce in my ankles, which frustrated me on a lot of the moves. Simple moves like Tires were hard for me. I dis modify the Plank Runs a bit. Instead og going to Chaturanga on the third move, I ran with knee to opposite elbow. It at least made the move semi interesting. I was shocked that I burned 451 calories.

Time:55 minutes; Calories Burned: 451; Avg Heart Rate: 111.


FRIDAY - MAY 15. 2020 - POWER 90 Master Series - Plyo Legs

I was tired when I got home, so I took a long nap. I woke up still sluggish and really didn't want to do the workout. I put it off until after 8:30, then did it. Once in, I did OK. I did all the spin moves again without a break and did a few more reps on some things than I did last week. When I was done, I felt pretty good and felt like I accomplished something. I burned almost the same amount of calories I did yesterday, in almost the same amount of time, but felt I did much more today.

Time: 51 minutes; Calories Burned: 455; Avg Heart Rate: 117.


SATURDAY - MAY 16, 2020 - POWER 90 Master Series - Core Cardio

Mid way through I was thinking this reminded me a bit of P90X Core Synergistics, not even realizing "Core" was in the title of both workouts. I did pretty good today. I didn't relax on any of the moves, evem though there are some I don't like. Once agaii, I backtracked and repeated the first set, even though it wasn't on the DVD. I was happy with my effort.

Timr: 56 minutes; Calories Burned: 503; Avg Heart Rate: 117.


SUNDAY - MAY 17, 2020 - TONY HORTON - Ho' Ala Ke Kino

I wasn't real relaxed and was rushing it a bit. I just wanted to get through it.

Time: 27 minutes; Calories Burned: 213; Avg Heart Rate: 111


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 168.0 (+1.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 15.0% (no change)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

This was the end of the Master Series workouts. I think I might have been a tad disappointed in them. They were tough enough that they weren't relaxing, but they weren't tough enough that you felt like you accomplished a whole lot. Many of them had moves that I simply didn't like. A lot of them were pre-versions of P90X or One On One workouts, all of which were harder. I'm still not eating well. I can't get over that hump because it doesn't seem important to me. The next three weeks are the Power Half Hour workouts, which I haven't done before, so we'll see how those go.

No comments: