Monday, May 18, 2020

WEEK OF 05/18/2020 - POWER 90 - ROUND 1 - WEEK 10

MONDAY - MAY 18, 2020 - POWER HALF HOUR - Ab Burner

My first impression wasn't good, but I'm going to withhold judgement. The production quality was similar to Power 90 with the bare room, but something seemed off a bit. There wasn't even a menu at the beginning of the DVD. It just started with the 30 minute countdown. There were sets of standing moves followed by sets of mat moves, then standing, then mat, etc. The mat moves were mostly taken from Power 90 Ab Ripper and a few P90X Ab Ripper X. The standing moves were a lot of twisting moves along with some plyo moves. It did get me winded a few times, but overall it didn't seem too intense. As I said, I'm going to withhold judgement until I see how my abs will feel in a few days. My heart rate monitor crashed, so the numbers below are estimates.

Time: 30 minutes? Calories Burned: 200?; Avg Heart Rate: 102?.


TUESDAY - MAY 19, 2020 - POWER HALF HOUR - Thigh Trimmer

Again, nothing was hard, but I did work up a bit of a sweat. As I said yesterday, it felt like something was missing, and today I noticed the music was barely audible. I'm wondering if that's what it was yesterday. To be honest, I don't pay attention to the background music. It's just there. I'm pretty sure it was in Power 90 1-2 and 3-4. Not sure about Master Series.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 256; Avg Heart Rate: 114.


WEDNESDAY - MAY 20, 2020 - POWER HALF HOUR - Arm Toner

Arm Toner is a bit of a misnomer, as this works the chest, back, shoulders, biceps, and triceps. There are 28 moves in the 30 minutes, so it really motors along. I took a few small breaks. I did ten reps on almost all of the moves/ I used 40's on the weighted back moves, 25's on the shoulder and bicep moves. A decent workout.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 278; Avg Heart Rate: 120.


THURSDAY - MAY 21, 2020 = POWER HALF HOUR - Stretch

Nothing new here. The sequence was good. For some reason I was very flexible today. I surprised myself.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 120; Avg Heart Rate: 88.


FRIDAY - MAY 22, 2020 - POWER HALF HOUR - Bun Shaper

I've done the One On One Bun Shaper many times, so I was thinking I knew what to expect, and I was pretty spot on. Some of the standing moves were the same, or similar. The big difference was roughly half of this workout were on your knees mat moves. Even a lot of those were in some on Tony's later programs. Overall I liked the workout. It was simple, but I'm guessing I might feel it a bit in a few days.

Time:30 minutes; Calories Burned: 224; Avg Heart Rate: 107.


SATURDAY - MAY 23, 2020 - POWER 90 - Fat Burning Express

I read a couple reviews off Amazon before I did it. Most said it wasn't too difficult, but still made you break a bit of a sweat. That's exactly what I found to be the case. I did get a little winded a few times and my legs were getting a bit tired on the squatting moves. I didn't go too low on the squats and I didn't use a med ball. Doing both of those would have made this much harder.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 243; Avg Heart Rate: 104.


SUNDAY - MAY 24, 2020 - TONY HORTON - Ho' Ale Ke Kino

Nothing exceptional to say. It went well.

Time: 27 minutes;lories Burned: 214; Avg Heart Rate: 110.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 167.6 (-0.4 lbs)
Body Fat: 15.0% (no change)

Still not eating well.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm not sure if I like the Power Half Hour workouts. They don't seem hard, but I did get a bit winded at times, which I usually do the first time I do a workout. The Arm Toner was a lot tougher than all the other ones. Unless one uses light weights, it really didn't fit in with the other workouts. I used heavier weights. I will admit I did get sore a few days after doing some of the workouts, so they may be sneakily effective. I'm still not eating well. This is a problem. It's like a Catch 22 situation. The bad eating is causing me to feel a bit depressed and that is causing me to eat poorly. The solution is to break the cycle by eating better. I just have to do it, just like I do the workouts. I just do them.

No comments: