Monday, May 25, 2020

WEEK OF 05/25/2020 - POWER 90 - ROUND 1 - WEEK 11

MONDAY - MAY 25, 2020 - POWER HALF HOUR - Ab Burner

I don't think this is going to be a favorite of mine. There are a few of the standing moves that I think are cardio only and aren't really working the abs too much. If I was in the mood for cardio, that would be one thing, but as it was, I wasn't in the mood. I just felt sluggish all the way through.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 221; Avg Heart Rate: 107.


TUESDAY - MAY 26, 2020 - POWER HALF HOUR - Thigh Trimmer

I really don't know what to say. Very simple moves. The half hour goes very slowly because it's tedious. Tony doesn't even seem like he wants to be there. During the workout it was hurting my knees. However, I got it done and felt a little better when it was over. I have no idea how I burned 273 calories.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 273; Avg Heart Rate: 118.


WEDNESDAY - MAY 27, 2020 - POWER HALF HOUR - Arm Toner

I knew this was going to be the toughest workout of the week, by far, so I wasn't looking forward to it. I was thinking of doing iy with bands because I just bought some new ones, but ultimately decided to push myself and use weights. I did take a few small breaks, but for the most part I went after it. I did increase my weight of some of the moves, going from 40's to 45's on the weighted back moves, from 10's to 15's on the Shoulder Fly's, and 15's to 20's on the Upright Rows. I decreased my weight from 25's to 20's on the last move, Curl, Press, Kickback, because the 25's were to heavy for me last week on the kickback's. However I did increase my rep count there from 6 to 10. Overall, it was a good workout, and unlike the last two workouts, the time moved along.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 323; Avg Heart Rate: 128.


THURSDAY - MAY 28, 2020 - POWER HALF HOUR - Stretch

I broke a cardinal rule and was running back and forth to the stove a few times while starting dinner. I paused the workout while I did it, but it was a bit disjointed and broke my concentration a bit. Otherwise it went OK. For some reason I'm afraid to lean back and put my hands on my feat in Camel. I tried it on the repeat move, but felt my right quad tighten a bit, so I came out of it.

Time: 30 minutes: Calories burned: 176; Avg Heart Rate: 98.


FRIDAY - MAY 29, 2020 - POWER HALF HOUR - Bun Shaper

One of my online P90X mates asked me what I was up to and I told him that I was doing Power 90 and Power Half Hour. I knew he'd done them long, long ago (on VHS), before P90X. In the back of my mind he's actually one of the reasons that inspired me to try it out. He kind of laughed and said he remembered Bun Shaper was an "ouch". I didn't find it so bad, but I can see where it can work the Bun area.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 246; Avg Heart Rate: 112.


SATURDAY - MAY 30, 2020 - POWER 90 - Fat Burning Express

I did better than last week, maybe because I was more familiar with it, and maybe because I was just feeling a bit better. I think I went lower on a few of the moves. I still didn't use a medicine ball, and I still didn't touch the floor on the side to sides. Maybe next time.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 279; Avg Heart Rate: 111.


SUNDAY - MAY 31, 2020 - TONY HORTON - Ho' Ala Ke Kino

I can't say I was too relaxed going into it. My legs are really tired and sore. The Power Yoga is still tough for me because of the pace. I kept up with it, but those push-ups on the vinyasas get to you at that speed.

Time: 27 minutes; Calories Burned: 203; Avg Heart Rate: 108.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 166.4 (-1,2 lbs)
Body Fat: 14.6% (-0.4%)

Both are big drops, but I was kind of expecting it. I still am not eating great, but it was a bit better than previous weeks.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

This was the second time through these workouts. I think my opinion remains the sames as after the first. They don't seem like they're doing much, but I think they are. The Arm Toner is by far the toughest, the only one I'd consider P90X-ish. Bit they're not throwaway workouts either.

No comments: