Monday, May 4, 2020

WEEK OF 05/04/2020 - POWER 90 - ROUND 1 - WEEK 8

MONDAY - MAY 4, 2020 - POWER 90 Master Series - Sculpt Circuit 5-6

I really wasn't in the mood once again. I took a small nap when I got home. I was still feeling a bit sluggish when I woke up, but I threw the disc in and went at it. I used heavier weights on a lot of the moves than I did last week. There was sill a bit of room to use heavier ones in places, so I might try that next week. I took a lot of 15 to 30 second breaks near the end, but I think I did better than if I'd gone straight through and been totally exhausted.

Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 34; Avg Heart Rate: 114.


TUESDAY - MAY 5, 2020 - POWER 90 Master Series - Sweat Cardio 5-6

I was looking forward to this one today because I knew it was going to be a bit easier. It was. There was a nice warm-up and stretch, then a bit of yoga. The cardio section was fun, then there was a lot of really nice familiar stretches for the last eight or nine minutes. Sometimes workouts like this are necessary, for the mind and the body.

Time: 45 minutes; Calories Burned: 260; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


WEDNESDAY - MAY 6, 2020 - POWER 90 Master Series - UML

Last week I didn't give a crap. Today I was feeling better and did better. I went the full limit on the timed moves and consciously went lower on the push-ups. I'm trying to drink less pop, which I think is one reason I' feeling better.

Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 250; Avg Heart Rate: 105.


THURSDAY - MAY 7, 2020 - POWER 90 Master Series - Cardio Intervals

This is only the second time I've done this one, but I don't think I'm a fan of it. I understand the concept of the three "speeds", but I don't think the difference between them is enough to make a big difference in my heart rate. I also have problems coordinating myself physically to change speeds.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 380; Avg Heart Rate: 110.


FRIDAY - MAY 8, 2020 - POWER 90 Master Series - Plyo Legs

I went at it pretty hard today. I did all the spin moves for the 60 seconds. I did Squat Jacks continuously for 60 seconds. I was much more coordinated than last week, when I couldn't even do Gap Jumps.

Time: 51 minutes; Calories Burned: 413; Avg Heart Rate: 116.


SATURDAY - MAY 9, 2020 POWER 90 Master Series - Core Cardio

Once again, I was feeling better than last week. Not only did I get all the moves in with a better attitude, I repeated the first set, which wasn't on the DVD. It added about seven minutes on to the workout, but that was OK. I still don't like the moves in the second set, but I did them. I felt good about the workout overall.

Time: 56 minutes; Calories Burned: 509; Avg Heart Rate: 118.


SUNDAY - MAY 10, 2020 = TONY HORTON - Ho' Ala Ki Kino

I kept putting this one off until mid-evening. I'm just mentally exhausted. The workout went OK, but the Power Yoga section is not my favorite. It goes too fast for what is supposed to be a relaxing time. At least that's what I felt today.

Time: 27 minutes; Calories Burned: 202; Avg Heart Rate: 107.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 166.8 (-2,8 lbs)
Body Fat: 15.0% (-0.3%)

This is the lightest I've been since I started this twelve years ago. I'm not overly excited because I'm still not eating well, and this can bounce back next week.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The workouts went much netter than last week. I was more familiar with them and my mood was better. My body is sore, which is a good sign, I guess, but mentally I'm still in a bit of a funk.

No comments: