Wednesday, February 10, 2021

WEEK OF 02/08/2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2- WEEK 2

MONDAY - FEBRUARY 8, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Primal Flow

For some reason, I was halfway looking forward to this one today. I took it one move at a time and I did better at it than usual. There's still a lot of work to be done because I'm not too flexible, but it was a start.

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 391; Avg Heart Rate: 113.


TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 9, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Pure Stretch

I normally like stretch routines. When I saw it was 56 minutes I was a bit bummed, as I was hoping it would be a lot shorter, but he got to the point, and it went fast. The last 15 minutes or so were really relaxing. I liked it.

Start Time: 7:40 pm; Workout Time: 56 minutes; Calories Burned: 330; Avg Heart Rate: 97.


WEDNESDAY - FEBRUARY 10, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Plyo Halfsies

When I first saw the name of this routine I thought it was going to be easy, then I saw people saying it wasn't. I was a bit concerned I wasn't going to able to do too much of it because of the problems I've been having with my feet and ankles, but I got through it in much better shape than I thought I would have. The "Halfsies" part was that we were only doing half the amount of reps we normally would have. It got me winded a bit, but not too bad. My depth wasn't great, but it never has been, but my feet and ankles held out, which is big for me.

Start Time: 7:45 pm; Workout Time: 56 minutes; Calories Burned: 499; Avg Heart Rate: 115.


THURSDAY - FEBRUARY 11, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Push 

I was in for a bit of a shock tonight. I hadn't done this once since November and really didn't remember too much about it. On the first moves, Shoulder Tap Pushups, my shoulders started burning. I couldn't figure out why, because I hadn't done any shoulder exercises in a while. I'm still not sure why, unless it was Primal Flow on Monday. I was feeling pretty weak on a lot of the moves. On the Presses on the Stability Ball, I saw I'd used 40's the last time, and felt that sounded about right, so I pulled them out again, only to find I could barely get them up to my chest, let alone pressing them. Instead of being a hero, I decided it might be best to live another day, so I picked up the 15's that were laying next to me and did the move with them. I didn't even have the energy to get off the ball to grab some 25's or 30's. It was just one of those days where you're not at your best. You just do what you can and move on. If I remember right this routine was tough for me when I first did it, so I'll just work at it.

Start Time: 8L10 pm; Workout Time: 54 minutes; Calories Burned: 462; Avg Heart Rate: 113.


FRIDAY - FEBRUARY 12, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Blood and Breath

Not my favorite routine. I didn't go all out. I can't move that fast on a lot of his call out moves, so those were frustrating. Next.

Start Time: 8:20 pm; Workout Time: 68 minutes; Calories Burned: 584; Avg Heart Rate: 113.


SATURDAY - FEBRUARY 13, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Who's Got Your Back

I wasn't looking forward to this one. Not because it's exceedingly hard, or because I don't like the moves, but because my body just feels weak. Not so much sore, but just weak, almost like I'm overtraining. However, I don't miss workouts, so I forced myself to start, knowing I'd get through it. I didn't push myself to do extra reps, or pull more weight. I basically did what I'd done before. Six pullups on each set, 40's on the heavy back moves, and 15's on the shoulder moves. I went a little faster than they did to eliminate some down time, and finished about four moves ahead of them. Not my best effort, but I got it done, and didn't really dog it.

Start Time: 6:35 pm; Workout Time: 52 minutes; Calories Burned: 467; Avg Heart Rate: 116.


SUNDAY - FEBRUARY 14, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Core Warrior

This isn't too bad, except for two plank moves that go on forever. I did OK. It's hard for me to stay on my toes for the Plank Twists, so I just do what I can.

Start Time: 8:35 pm; Workout Time: 21 minutes; Calories Burned: 166; Avg Heart Rate: 109. 


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 157.2 (-1,4 lbs)
Body Fat: 13.0% (+0.1%(


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I saw an article about the effects of eating too much sugar, and I'm really guilty. Most of the things that are really bothering me were listed there. I'm going to make a conscious effort to cut way back on it. I also saw a video by Tony Horton that says to listen to your body and adjust when necessary. My body is really tired. As I mentioned earlier, I might be overtraining, as I don't miss workouts. I'm going to try and fight through that. I'm guessing the sugar consumption isn't helping.

No comments: