Wednesday, February 24, 2021

WEEK OF 02/22/2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2- WEEK 4

MONDAY - FEBRUARY 22, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Triple Trouble Challenge (with T&T)

I like this workout. My numbers were 30 pushups and 6 pullups. I did 35 and 7 on the fourth set. No problems. My grip had been slipping off the pullup bar recently, so tried doing them without my gloves and my grip seemed to improve a lot. It could have just been the day where I was feeling a bit stronger, but I'll try it without the gloves again next time.

Start Time: 7:15 pm; Workout Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 322; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 23, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Blood and Breath

I'm not a fan. It reminds me a bit of Agility X from P90X3 because there are a few moves where Tony is calling out spots to jump to. My agility isn't good, nor is my quickness, so those moves are frustrating. Tony is also doing a lot of talking with very little response from the cast members, so there is really no excitement to push you on. I read on the Power Nation Facebook pages that I don't seem to be alone in that assessment. Maybe it'll be better if it's re-done for the final production. Overall, my effort just wasn't there.

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 68 minutes; Calories Burned: 524; mAvg Heart Rate: 108.


WEDNESDAY - FEBRUARY 24, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Push

This one isn't too bad. It's Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps with light weights. I only went above 15's on one move. That was the Chest Presses on the Stability Ball. I'd used 40's the first few times I did this routine, but the last time I did it a few weeks ago, I couldn't life the 40's, so I'd grabbed 15's. Today I used 30's with no problem, so maybe last time was lust a bad day. A few of the pushup moves give me problems here. I have problems moving my feet back and forth on the Military Rockers, and for some reason the Chaturanga One-Legged Pushups, which appear to be easy, just kills me every time. I did increase my reps on a few of the moves, so that was good.

Start Time: 8:15 pm; Workout Time: 54 minutes; Calories Burned: 444; Avg Heart Rate: 111.


THURSDAY - FEBRUARY 25, 2021 - OIWER NATION BETA 2 - Kickin' and Puchin' (with T&T)

I really like this workout. I dread the sprawls, but there aren't too may of them, and they're done by the nid point of the workout. I went at it pretty good today. Where I was coordinated, my punches, kicks, and blocks were pretty crisp. I don't usually go full blast on cardio workouts anymore because I don't like the moves, so this one is a breath of fresh air.

Start Time: 8:15 pm; Workout Time: 70 minutes; Calories Burned: 641; Avg Heart Rate: 119.


FRIDAY - FEBRUARY 26, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Who's Got Your Back?

I struggled with the pullups, as my hands were slipping off the bar again. I took the gloves off for a set, but it didn't matter. My grip was just weak.All reps and weight was the same as last time, except on the Arc Rows, where I increased the weight from 15's to 20's. I also went faster than they did, and finished up six moves ahead of them. That seems to work for me, to get it done. However, going slower might make me do more.

Start Time: 8:25 pm; Workout Time: 52 minutes; Calories Burned: 451; Avg Heart Rate: 114.


SATURDAY - FEBRUARY 27, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Power and Strength Yoga

I wasn't dreading doing this today, but just wanted to get through it. I still don't get that euphoric feeling you are supposed to get while doing yoga. It's still work to me. I was getting a bit frustrated with the pacing. He does a lot of explaining things, which is OK, but after you know what you're doing, it gets repetitive. I lost my balance on several moves and just got up and walked around for a few seconds to get be bearings again. This wasn't a horrible workout today, but not a great one either, My attitude could have been a bit better. I could have stayed in the moment more, instead of constantly looking to see how much time I had left.

Start Time: 7:15 pm; Workout Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 513; Avg Heart Rate: 108.


SUNDAY - FEBRUARY 28, 2021 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 157.4 (+1.0 lb)
Body Fat: 12.5% (-0.1%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I held my own in the workouts. I'm still not eating great, but I'm finding myself not craving anything greasy, which is good. Next week promises to be more stretchy than strength, so I'm looking forward to that.

No comments: