Monday, March 1, 2021

WEEK OF 03/01/2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2- WEEK 5

MONDAY - MARCH 1, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Flash Card Cardio

I was looking forward to it a bit. I was feeling like I could go harder than usual. I'm not sure I did. There are a few moves I've become uncoordinated at, like jacks, and anything else where I have to bounce with me feet. I could have touched the floor on the Skaters and Side to Side Shuffles, but I didn't, mostly because I wasn't used to doing that, and also because I didn't want to. My bad. I shouldn't complain about the cardio if I'm not going to put forward the effort.

Start Time: 7:25 pm; Workout Time: 54 minites; Calories Burned: 424; Avg Heart Rate: 113.


TUESDAY - MARCH 2, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Hatha Flow Yoga

This is a good workout with very good instruction, but there is too much time between moves holding downward dog, etc, while the instruction is going in. I constantly went to Child Pose or got up to walk around, and eventually just lost interest in the last fifteen minutes or so.

Start Time: 7:45 pm; Workout Time: 85 minutes; Calories Burned: 564; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


WEDNESDAY - MARCH 3, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Total Body 2

One of Tony's UCML (Upper-Cardio-Middle-Lower) workouts. I liked it and went pretty hard at it, because I knew it was short. It started with T-Jacks. I've been having problems with any kind of Jacks lately because I can't bounce off mt feet like I used to. I hit with a thud, but I did what I could today, and did better than I thought I could. No problems with any of the other moves. I even liked most of them.

Start Time: 8:15 pm; Workout Time: 35 minutes; Calories Burned: 244; Avg Heart Rate: 105.


THURSDAY - MARCH 4, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Don't Skip The Yoga

I struggled with it a bit. I'm having a hard time balancing in the Warrior 1 or Crescent Positions, and it's getting frustrating because he's going through those positions a lot. The "Meathead" part of the routine was really frustrating. I'm wondering if this is just a bad period, or if I'll ever get that balance back. The rest of the workout was just below average. My mood was OK until the frustrations started kicking in.

Start Time: 5:45 pm; Workout Time: 74 minutes; Calories Burned: 509; Avg Heart Rate: 104.


FRIDAY - MARCH 5, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Primal Flow

My energy wasn't there. I'd been liking this one more recently, but today the energy just wasn't there. I had my workout shoes on because I often have problems with slipping in my bare feet. However, the shoes were grabbing the floor on a few of the kick through moves, so they were a bit of a hindrance. I'll have to figure that one out. I still can't roll through on the Atomic Pushups. It's something to shoot for. It's one of those moves where I say "I'll never be able to do that", then one day I do.

Start Time: 7:20 pm; Workout Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 354; Avg Heart Rate: 113.


SATURDAY - MARCH 6, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Something New

I kind of needed this today because it was short. I only got in 20 of the 30 one legged jump squatsm but matched all the others, The cool down at the end is bliss.

Start Time: 8:10 pm; Workout Time: 39 minutes; Calories Burned: 290; Avg Heart Rate: 107.


SUNDAY - MARCH 7, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Core Warrior 2

I did OK. I can't get my feet around on the Side Plank Drops, so I do the best I can. I do all the reps on the last move, but some are ugly, and I can't go nearly as fast as they do, so I start immediately after the previous move.

Start Time: 8:10 pm; Workout Time: 21 minutes; Calories Burned: 158; Avg Heart Rate: 119.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN 

Weight: 156.8 (-0.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 12.5% (no change)

I thought there was going to be a bit of an increase because I ate a lot of cashews this week, but apparently not.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

This was supposed to be a "recovery week" because I think Tony was realizing people were starting to get injured or just worn out from the pace of the previous weeks. Even so, my body is still very sore, especially my shoulders. They were being taxed a lot because of the amount od vinyasas and downward dogs I was doing during the yoga routines during the week. Overall, my body is just feeling tired. I know I need to eat and drink better. Still too much pop.

No comments: