Monday, April 12, 2021

WEEK OF 04/12/2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2- WEEK 11

MONDAY - APRIL 12, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Who's Got Your Back

I felt better today than I have in a while. My legs didn't feel so heavy. It wasn't a leg workout, but nonetheless... I pretty much matched my number from last time. I did two more Lawnmowers than last time on each side in the second. On the Arch Rows, I'd been having problems holding 20's in my left hand on the last few reps, so I decreased the weigh to 15's and did 15 reps instead of 12. I felt really strong on the pullups coming out of the gate, but tired out on those a bit near the end. I did seven reps each of those, only coming off the bar on the last three sets.

Start Time: 7:25 pm; Workout Time: 52 minutes; Calories Burned: 402; Avg Heart Rate: 113.


TUESDAY - APRIL 13, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Drop, Pulse, and Hold

Same feelings with this one. Too long for what it is, which kind of sucks the motivation out of you.. That's a shame, because I feel it could be a good, effective workout. I did do everything, but didn't go real low on too many of them.  

Start Time: 7:40 pm; Workout Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 543; Avg Heart Rate: 111.


WEDNESDAY - APRIL 14, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Shoulders and Arms Recharge

For the most part, I used the same weights as last time. I did try 35's on the second set of Military Presses and didn't have too many problems. Last time I'd reduced my weights on a couple moves (Hammer Curls, Arch Rows, Tricep Kickbacks, Drag Curls) where I felt my weight might have been too heavy, creating bad form, so I continued with the reduced weight on those moves. I'll try increasing them in the future, ut that's where I am now. I'm trying to be smart with things.

Start Time: 6:45 pm; Workout Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 477; Avg Heart Rate: 117.


THURSDAY - APRIL 15, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Something New

A nice stretch, mild cardio routine. For some reason I wasn't real relaxed and was feeling rushed, but it went OK.

Start Time: 8:35 pm; Workout Time: 39 minutes; Calories Burned: 276; Avg Heart Rate: 105.


FRIDAY - APRIL 16, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Triple Trouble Challenge

I used the Sean and Bobby version. I went with 30 pushups and 7 pullups. I'd tried 8 pullups last time, but had issues at the end, so I went down to 7, hoping to avoid those issues. It helped a bit, but I'm losing my grip on the bar on about the sixth set of pullups. I'd thought about using the Pullup Assist near the end (Tony even mentioned it as an option at that point), but didn't, because of my ego. It may have been a good idea to use it, as I was constantly coming of the bar every one or two pullups during the last two sets, then almost jumping back up to get another one or two in. Bad form, probably not effective. The Assist would have at least gave me decent form.

Start Time: 7:50 pm; Workout Time: 63 minutes; Calories Burned: 466; Avg Heart Rate: 108.


SATURDAY - APRIL 17, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Morning Yoga

I took a nap around 7 pm and woke up around 1 pm. I was still really tired and was just going to go back to bed for the evening, but I didn't get to sleep right away, so I got this one in. It went OK.

Start Time: 10:15 pm; Workout Time: 20 minutes; Calories Burned: 126; Avg Heart Rate: 104.


SUNDAY - APRIL 18, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Core Warrior

This one isn't bad, except for two really long moves, so that keeps me putting it off. I finally did it. There's still a few moves I don't have the dexterity to do, but I modify.

Start Time: 9:35 pm; Workout Time: 21 minutes; Calories Burned: 128; Avg Heart Rate: 118.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 155.4 (-1.8 lbs)
Body Fat: 12.4% (no change)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Not too many new thoughts. Hanging in there. 

No comments: