Monday, April 26, 2021

WEEK OF 04/26/2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2- WEEK 13

MONDAY - APRIL 26, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Who's Got Your Back?

I was feeling low energy going into it. I usually go a lot faster than they do, but wasn't feeling that today, so I was staying maybe one or two moves ahead of them. I used 40's on most of the back moves (25's on the Combo ows), and I used 15's on all the shoulder moves. On the pull-ups, I started out good, then gradually tired. I basically went until I came off the bar, usually getting 5 to 8 reps in until the last set. I was OK with that.

Start Time: 7:30 pm; Workout Time: 52 minutes; Calories Burned: 404; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


TUESDAY - APRIL 27, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Plyo 30/15

This one is tough for me because of my feet and ankles. There's also too much talking in the video. My effort on a scale of 1 to 10 was about a 2 or 3. 

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 428; Avg Heart Rate: 107.


WEDNESDAY - APRIL 28, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Arms and Abs

I like this workout better than most, so my effort and attitude was a lot better than yesterday. I pretty much used the same weights and reps as before, maybe increasing some things here and there, but in general it went well.

Start Time: 8:30 pm; Workout Time: 49 minutes; Calories Burned: 415; Avg Heart Rate: 113.:


THURSDAY - APRIL 29, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Push

I thought it was bit odd that he scheduled this workout today, because we worked triceps yesterday, but I just went with it. I increased my reps on a number of the moves, which felt good. Another routine I like.

Start Time: 7:20 pm; Workout Time: 54 minutes; Calories Burned: 456; Avg Heart Rate: 113.


FRIDAY - APRIL 30, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Flash Card Cardio

There's a few moves I have problems with here, notably the two "Jaxk" moves, but I modify. This is generally a fun routine. I put more effort into it than Plyo 30/15, but don't kill myself because my balance is still off.

Start Time: 9:25 pm; Workout Time: 54 minutes; Calories Burned: 426; Avg Heart Rate: 110.


SATURDAY - MAY 1, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Hatha Yoga with Ted and Tony

This is the last workout for me in Beta 2. I hadn't done one of the longer yoga workouts in a while., This was the scheduled workout, so I wanted to finish it out right. Bottom line is that I'm getting worse at yoga. My balance is getting so bad that I can't even get into moves that were once easy. I don't know if it's mental or not, but it's a bit disturbing. This workout is OK, but there is a lot of (good) instruction from Ted that has you holding some poses for a long time. I found myself going to Child Pose a lot, or just getting up and sitting on the couch for a minute or so. Not a great way to finish the round, but I did do the entire workout.

Start Time:  6:55 pm; Workout Time: 85 minutes; Calories Burned: 550; Avg Heart Rate: 101.


SUNDAY - MAY 2, 2021 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 154.8 (-1.0 lb)
Body Fat: 12.4% (+0.2%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

This is the end of the 13 week Beta 2 round. It was effective, but I'm tired. I'll be taking a few weeks off.

No comments: