Tuesday, April 20, 2021

WEEK OF 04/19/2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2- WEEK 12

MONDAY, APRIL 19, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Total Body (Head To Toe with Scotty Mo)

We were given a choice of doing Primal Flow or this one. In the Facebook Group I only saw one person that did Primal Flow, even though it was shorter, Either, they are over it, or they did this one because it hasn't been on the schedule in a long time. A little bit of both for me. They workout went OK. I didn't go full blast, but I didn't dog it either.

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 398; Avg Heart Rate: 107.


TUESDAY, APRIL 20, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Arms and Abs

I increased my weights on a few of the moves. Only decrease was that I only did seven reps with 30's on the Heavy Curls. I do seated curls instead of bent over ones because I don't like lifting heavy weights when bent over. I used 20's in some of the tricep moves.

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 49 minutes; Calories Burned: 409; Avg Heart Rate: 112.


WEDNESDAY - APRIL 21, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Morning Yoga

I got my second Covid shot this morning. My body was feeling tired and beat up to begin with, so the shot didn't help, at least mentally. Hatha Yoga with Ted and Tony was scheduled, and it's way over an hour, and I just couldn't handle it, so I opted for the 20 minute routine.

Start Time: 9:30 pm; Workout Time: 20 minutes; Calories Burned: 129; Avg Heart Rate: 100.


THURSDAY - APRIL 22, 2021 - Rest

Chest and Back Round Robin was scheduled. My left arm was hurting from the shot yesterday, and my entire body felt achy. Not sick achy, but a very tired achy. Past the point of normal achy. Affecting me mentally achy. I'd happened to see a small clip from Tony on the Power Nation Facebook Group in the morning saying to listen to your body, so I took it to heart, and looked at it as a sign. I can't remember the last time I skipped a workout unless I was violently ill. I think it's been more than 10 years, if ever. I take pride in the fact I don't skip workouts, no matter how badly I don't want to do them. Because of this, I debated forcing myself to do the workout, but finally decided not to do it, not even part of it. That took strength.


FRIDAY - APRIL 23, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Flash Card Cardio

I was feeling a bit better, but was considering taking the rest tof the week off, and possibly next week also (the final week of the round) to let myself heal properly. This routine isn't that tough on the body, so I decided to do it. I felt better afterwards.

Start Time: 8:30 pm; Workout Time: 54 minutes; Calories Burned: 403; Avg Heart Rate: 113.


SATURDAY - APRIL 24, 2021 - Workout #1 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - SBT

The "Push" (Chest, Shoulders, Triceps) workout was scheduled for today, but I've done that a lot lately, so I subbed it for SBT (Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps). I hadn't done that one since December. It went well. I used 15's on all the Shoulder moves, and 20's on all the Bicep and Tricep moves. I might have been able to increase my weights here and there, but I didn't want to beat the shit out of my body again, so it worked out fine.  

Start Time: 1:50 pm; Workout Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 270; Avg Heart Rate: 101.


Workout #2 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Chest and Back Round Robin 

I wasn't planning on doing this, but t was felling pretty good after finishing the first workout. Because this is the workout I skipped on Thursday, I was considering doing it in the evening. While thinking this out, I decided to do it immediately, which was about 25 minutes after finishing SBT. None of the same body parts were directly involved, so it actually worked out very well. I was strong on most of the moves. I was going deeper than usual on the Decline Pushups done on an upside down Bosu Ball. On the weighted back moves, I did most of them seated on a workout bench. That seemed to work well as I'm always leery about doing them bent over while standing. I might be sore in the next few days, but I felt good right after finishing it.

Start Time: 3:00 pm; Workout Time: 64 minutes; Calories Burned: 450; Avg Heart Rate: 105.


SUNDAY - APRIL 25, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 2 - Crunch Town

Last ab workout for Beta 2 round. I got started real late on it because I knew I'd get it done. No issues with any of the moves, but I might have done the last one wrong. I was rolling back, the forward into boat. I don't think they were rolling. I was going faster than they were and started that move before they did.

Start Time: 10:25 pm; Workout Time: 24 minutes; Calories Burned: 120; Avg Heart Rate: 93.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 155.8 (+0,4 lbs)
Body Fat: 12.2% (-0,2%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I adjusted the schedule a bit, but it worked out OK. I think I made the right decision on the rest day.

No comments: