Monday, June 28, 2021

WEEK OF 06/28/2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3- WEEK 5

MONDAY, JUNE 28, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3 - Blood and Breath

Ridiculously long and boring. A lot of the moves were jumping from one corner to another and doing a squat. I half assed those because I can't keep my balance when doing those at the speed he was doing them, which wasn't really that fast. It's just tough for me to really get into this workout.

Start Time: 8:35 pm: Workout Time: 68 minutes; Calories Burned: 491; Avg Heart Rate: 106.


TUESDAY - JUNE 29, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3 - S.B.T.

Once again, I used 15's on most of the shoulder moves and 20's on most of the Bicep and Tricep moves. No real issues. I always think I should be increasing my weight on some of these, but he's going so fast, and there are so many moves, it might be counterproductive.

Start Time: 7:25 pm; Workout Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 346; Avg Heart Rate: 110.


WEDNESDAY - JUNE 30, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3 - Plyo Halfsies

I was a little proud of myself because I gutted out a lot of the moves, Jumping upwards is no longer easy for me. Seriously. There were a few moves where I had to almost stop between each move because I'd lose my balance, of I just couldn't go right back up. What used to be easy for me is no longer because of my feet. I was almost in tears because of the frustration of my new reality a few times, but I was determined to finish the number of reps. It was far from pretty, but that wasn't the point today.

Start Time: 8:55 pm; Workout Time: 56 minutes; Calories Burned: 430; Avg Heart Rate: 108.


THURSDAY - JULY 1, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3 - Chest and Back Round Robin

Pushup circuit: a) used Power Stands (32 reps); b) used Medicine Balls (24 reps); c) declines on an upside down Bosu Ball (16 reps). Pullup circuit: a) unassisted (8 reps); b) used Pullup Assist (12 reps); c) band Pull Down with a yellow band (16 reps). No real issues. I came off the bar several times on the unassisted pullups, but finished the 8 reps. I started really tiring about two thirds of the way through, but got it done.

Start Time: 7:50 pm; Workout Time: 64 minutes; Calories Burned: 440; Avg Heart Rate: 103.


FRIDAY - JULY 2, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3 - Kickin' and Punchin' with Alice

I like this version better than the one with Titus because it's a lot shorter. There are less moves, but most importantly less talking. My balance is off, but I did my best.

Start Time: 9:30 pm; Workout Time: 37 minutes: Calories Burned: 265; Avg Heart Rate: 104.


SATURDAY - JULY 3, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3 - Primal Yoga

My doctor told me not to workout in my bare feet because it was causing a callous on my big toe of my left foot. He didn't want it re-opening a sore and becoming problematic. I'm not sure that applies to yoga, but today I wore some heavy socks to see if it would help with my balance a bit. It didn't seem to, but it also didn't seem too much worse. I still can't get a handle on this routine, but it's my go to yoga routine for now, because it's short. I'm just not sure I can handle the hour plus ones anymore.

Start Time: 8:10 pm; Workout Time: 40 minutes; Calories Burned: 227; Avg Heart Rate: 97.


SUNDAY - JULY 4, 2021 - POWER NATION BETA 3 - Crunch Town

I like this one better than the core Deep routine I had been doing. It's simpler, and all the moves are from your back, which I like more. No big problems with any of the moves, except sometimes it's tough for me to get up into Boat to do the punches on the last move.

Start Time: 11:00 pm; Workout Time: 24 minutes; Calories Burned: 149; Avg Heart Rate: 104.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 147.0
Body Fat: 10.7%


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I struggled on the cardio and yoga workouts, but that seems to be the norm lately with my bad feet and ankles. I did OK on the strength workouts. I'm trying to fight through all this and hope I can get some of my foot skills back.

No comments: