Monday, January 10, 2022

WEEK OF 1/10/2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - WEEK 2

MONDAY - JANUARY 10, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Plyo 30/15

I remembered the Beta version wasn't one of my favorites. Doing the warmup, I just wanted the workout to be over. After two moves, I didn't know how I was going to get through the remaining eighteen moves, but I did it. I was moving really slow with a limited range of motion, so I don't know how effective it was, but I finished. 

Start Time: 8:40 pm; Workout Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 291; Average Heart Rate: 103.


TUESDAY - JANUARY 11, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Triple Trouble Challenge

I did pulldowns (15 per set) with the yellow bands instead of pull ups. I figured I'd get more out of that than doing two or three ugly pullups. I attached the bands to the pullup bar, sat underneath it, and pulled directly down, concentrating on activating my back muscles before each rep. All things being equal, I think pullups are probably more effective, but not today. I did 30 pushups on each set. I tired on a few sets today, where normally I don't.

Start Time:7:55 pm; Workout Time: 70 minutes; Calories Burned: 510; Average Heart Rate: 105.


WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 12, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Flash Cardio

I had to modify a lot of the moves, but did what I could. I can't jump straight up, or do jumping jacks, so I was limited a lot. Late in the workout I was thinking I could go deeper in a squat to get more of a workout  on the moves where I couldn't jump. 

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 356; Average Heart Rate: 106.


THURSDAY - JANUARY 13, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Arms and Abs

The plan was to do most of the bicep moves sitting down, because I'd been losing my balance while trying to control the weight while standing. However, I seemed to be able to stand OK. I went down in weight on of few of the moves, so that might have helped. I used 20's a lot, where I used to use 25's. I'm still trying to find out what I can do. It's almost like starting all over again.

Start Time: 8:320 pm; Workout Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 361; Average Heart Rate: 114.


FRIDAY - JANUARY 14, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Kickin' and Punchin'

This was very long. At one time I would have really liked it, but now I just try to survive. My balance was a bit better than I thought it was going to be, but I had to limit my intensity and range of motion. Still, it was a good time.

Start Time: 8:20 pm; Workout Time: 69 minutes; Calories Burned: 507; Average Heart Rate: 107.


SATURDAY - JANUARY 15, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Morning Yoga

I tried doing this one in my heavy socks that have small grips on the bottom of them. They were sliding off a bit on the downward dogs, but overall they worked OK. I'm having real problems holding my balance while getting into the Warrior poses. I'll just keep working at it and doing my best. This was a good alternative to the other two yoga workouts which are both over an hour and have a lot of vinyasas. This was a lot of stretching.

Start Time: 6:35 pm; Workout Time: 37 minutes; Calories Burned: 206; Average Heart Rate: 101.


SUNDAY - JANUARY 16, 2022 - The POWER OF 4 - The Power of Core

Some of these more are just annoyingly long, so I either modified them or cut down the reps. Notably the two toe tap moves, where I just did 10 reps each.

Start Time: 9:30pm; Workout Time: 23 minutes; Calories Burned: 164; Average Heart Rate: 105.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 143.0 (+1.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 9.5% (+0.6%)

Numbers may be a bit off. I usually weigh myself after just getting up on an empty stomach, but I forgot this morning, and had a bit of a light breakfast before the weigh in. Regardless, the weight gain is welcomed.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I did OK, but noticed I'm having to lower weights or reps or modify some moves, Some of it is because I'm getting older. Some of it is due to some loss of strength or balance and mobility. I'll try to get better at what I can, and deal with what I can't. 

No comments: