Monday, January 17, 2022

WEEK OF 1/17/2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - WEEK 3

MONDAY - JANUARY 17, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Heart, Lungs, Legs

My feet and legs were feeling really, really heavy, so I really wasn't in the mood. I modified most moves and my intensity level was about a two. Plus, Tony was getting very annoying to me for some reason. Not a great effort.

Start Time: 7:15pm; Workout Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 353; Average Heart Rate: 98.


TUESDAY - JANUARY 18, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Chest and Back Round Robin

My rotation and target reps. Chest-Pushups: a) Power Stands (25), b) Medicine Balls (20), Decline on an upside down Bosu Ball (15). Back-Pullups: a) Unassisted (4); b) Pull Up Assist (8); c) Band Pull Down - Yellow (12). I did all the reps except for the unassisted pullups, where I could only get two in because of very little grip strength on the bar. I found out today I have some impingements in my neck. I'm hoping that is causing the weakness in my hands and that it can be corrected. I felt really good after the workout.

Start Time: 7:35 pm; Workout Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 432; Average Heart Rate: 108; 


WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 19, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Drop, Pulse, and Hold

This wasn't one of my favorites from Beta because it seemed to go on forever. Same here. This was an hour and twelve minute workout. There was about a 5 minute yoga stretch at the end, but it is still long. With that said, however, I think this is one of the best leg workouts Tony has ever done. My legs are quivering. I used 10 lb weights on most of the moves. I also dis something I didn't do during Beta, and that was using a chair (no weights) for balance on the Reaches and also on the Curtsy Lunges. I found I was able to go deeper on the moves instead of struggling for balance. I was definitely able to feel those moves more. Outside of the time factor, I liked the workout.

Start Time: 7:10 pm; Workout Time: 72 minutes; Calories Burned: 521; Average Heart Rate: 106.


THURSDAY - JANUARY 20, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Push

I used 15's on most of the weight exercises and 25's on the Stability Ball Chest Presses. Surprisingly I was able to handle that pretty well. My strength had been decreasing, so I thought I might have problems. I even got 16 reps in. On the push-ups I mostly did 12 reps with the power stands. I've done more on this workout before, but haven't done it in a while and did lose some strength. Hopefully, I'm getting a bit of it back. The one drawback was that I was losing my balance again while working with the weights while standing.

Start Time: 7:55 pm; Workout Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 397; Average Heart Rate: 112.


FRIDAY - JANUARY 21, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Primal Flow

This was actually scheduled for tomorrow, with Pure Stretch supposed to be done today. Last night I was thinking of switching them so I could get this one out of the way, instead of dreading it all day Saturday. This morning I saw someone in the Facebook group do the switch for the same reason, so her post motivated me to switch. It turned out to be my best workout in months. I decided early on to give it my best. I was even doing burpees, which I've been afraid to do. Good job for me!

Start Time: 8:20 pm; Workout Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 446; Average Heart Rate: 111.


SATURDAY - JANUARY 22, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Pure Stretch

I generally like stretch routines, and this one was no different. I don't think anything was new, but it worked well.

Start Time: 8:45 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 292; Average Heart Rate: 99.


SUNDAY - JANUARY 23, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Crunch Town

Same as the Beta version. I did OK. The only modification I did was on the last move where I rolled into boat, instead of sitting up.

Start Time: 10:10 pm; Workout Time: 21 minutes; Calories Burned: 136; Average Heart Rate: 100.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 145.8 (+2.8 lbs)
Body Fat: 9.7% (+0.2%)

At this point, weight gain is good for me.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I did pretty good on most of the workouts. I was disappointed I couldn't do more unassisted pull-ups in Chest and Back Round Robin, but I was encouraged by some of the things I did in Primal Flow.

No comments: