Tuesday, January 25, 2022

WEEK OF 1/24/2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - WEEK 4

MONDAY - JANUARY 24, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Head To Toe

One of Tony's U-C-M-L (Upper-Pushups, Cardio, Middle-Abs, Lower-Plyo) workouts. They've never been my favorites. The push-ups are usually weird. Same here, but overall it was OK. I did OK. Plyo is tough for me, but I modified. 

Start Time: 7:55 pm; Workout Time: 56 minutes; Calories Burned: 459; Average Heart Rate: 112.


TUESDAY - JANUARY 25, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Who's Got Your Back?

Second time doing this one, as it looks like we're starting to repeat workouts. I wasn't really looking forward to it, but I modified things a bit to get more out of it. The problem I've been having lately is very little strength in my hands. I can't grip the pullup bar for any length of time to do regular pullups, so I did band pulldowns. On the weighted back moves, I did most of them seated, so I didn't lose my balance. That seemed to work OK. I used 25's most of the time on those, but tried 40's on the Lawnmowers, which is what I used to use. The back strength still seems to be there, but I was having a problem holding the weights flat in my weak hands. Overall, I did what I could, and feel like I got something out of it.

Start Time: 7:05 pm; Workout Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 432; Average Heart Rate: 109. 


WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 26, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Flash Cardio

I did my best. Had to modify a lot of the moves, and didn't go full blast because of my balance, but I got it done.

Start Time: 8:10 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 334; Avg Heart Rate: 103.


THURSDAY - JANUARY 27, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Shoulders and Arms Recharge

I was losing my balance a lot with the weights, so my form wasn't great. I even used a resistance band on a few of the bicep moves, but was losing my balance there too. I guess I'm going to have good days and bad days, and I'll just have to adjust as needed.

Start Time: 8:45 pm; Workout Time: 40 minutes; Calories Burned: 375; Avg Heart Rate: 118.


FRIDAY - JANUARY 28, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Power and Strength Yoga

This was supposed to be done tomorrow, but I wasn't looking forward to doing it on a Saturday, so I swapped it with Attack and Defend and got it done tonight. I've been really bad on my yoga the last few months. I knew this one was going to be tough, and it was. It reminded me a lot of the original Yoga X, where one move is added to each previous sequence. My balance is becoming horrible. I can barely get into any of the Warrior poses, let alone stay in them for any length of time. However, I did my best and didn't let it get the best of me mentally. My balance increased a small bit as I went along, but only a very small bit. Hopefully I can get some of it back.

Start Time: 8:45 pm; Workout Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: ????; Avg Heart Rate: ????


SATURDAY - JANUARY 29, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Attack and Defend

I tried putting some insoles into my shoes, hoping to keep my ankles from rolling in, and giving me better balance. They worked a bit, but also made me feel higher off the floor, decreasing my stability a bit. I'm going to keep them in for now. The workout went OK. I pretty much kept up with the reps. I did front kicks instead of sprawls. I didn't work up a big sweat because I coouldn't do full range of motion, and I didn't get too winded, but my feet did get tired.

Start Time: 7:00 pm; Workout Time: 49 minutes; Calories Burned: 382; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


SUNDAY - JANUARY 30, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - The Power of Core

I modified the Rolling Hip Drops to straight hip drops, and I only did 10 reps of each of the two Toe Tap moves.

Start Time: 9:50 pm; Workout Time: 23 minutes; Calories Burned: 144; Avg Heart Rate: 100.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 145.6 (-0.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 10.0% (+0.3%)

I'm glad I'm not losing weight, but am not thrilled about the recent increases in body fat %, but maybe that's part of it.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I pretty much kept up with the workouts, but need to work on getting some strength back.

No comments: