Monday, April 18, 2022

WEEK OF 04/18/2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - ROUND 2 - WEEK 1

MONDAY - APRIL 18, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Push 

I was debating on whether to start again today or next week, or even the week after that. I've been feeling a bit "off" lately, so I thought it was time to get back at it, but didn't feel up to it. About 9:15 pm, I did the Squat, Curl, Press move before I even started the workout, just to do something. I then decided to do the workout. I felt a bit weaker than usual at times, but I actually did a few more reps than last time on a few of the moves. On the Eccentric Decline Pushups, I got 22 reps in, but I wasn't going really low, but did OK on the rest of the moves.

Start Time: 9:20 pm; Workout Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 399; Avg Heart Rate: 112.


TUESDAY - APRIL 19, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Plyo 30/15 

My balance was OK at the beginning, then got progressively worse as I went along. It was a struggle, and I modified a lot, but I did the best I could.

Start Time: 8:05 pm; Workout Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 276; Avg Heart Rate: 100.


WEDNESDAY - APRIL 20, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Triple Trouble Challenge

I wasn't dreading today's workout. I actually like it, but I kept putting off starting. I eventually got going. 30 Pushups. 15 Band Pull Downs. No problems, but I think I maybe can go deeper on the pushups. I bought a couple of pullup grips that clamp onto the door frame. I really haven't tried to do pullups in months because my hand strength is weakening, but I thought I'd give these a chance instead of using my regular pullup bar. They haven't arrived yet, but I'm anxious to give them a try.

Start Time: 8:30 pm; Workout Time: 70 minutes; Calories Burned: 514; Avg Heart Rate: 105.


THURSDAY - APRIL 21, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Flash Cardio 

I did OK. My balance wasn't great.

Start Time: 7:20 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 282; Avg Heart Rate: 97.


FRIDAY - APRIL 22, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Shoulders and Arms Recharge 

My balance was really bad at the start. I tried using 25's on the Shoulder Presses, which is what I've been using lately, but I was stumbling all over the place. It wasn't because I couldn't lift the weight, it was because it was throwing me off balance. I reduced to 20's on the send set, and also only used 20's on the Bicep Curls. On all the other moves, I used te same weights and did the same reps as the last time I did this routine. It felt like I was going backwards, but in reality, it was only on three moves..

Start Time: 8:10 pm; Workout Time: 40 minutes; Calories Burned: 360; Avg Heart Rate: 125.


SATURDAY - APRIL 23, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Morning Yoga 

I was a bit tight, but got through it. I'm still having a problem swinging my leg through and getting up into a standing position. It feels like my quads aren't strong enough to push me up anymore.

Start Time: 8:35 pm; Workout Time: 37 minutes; Calories Burned: 210; Avg Heart Rate: 96.


SUNDAY- APRIL 24, 2022 - Rest

I had Power of 4 ab routine scheduled, but I didn't have the energy to do it. Bad Habits reforming, as I skipped a lot of the Sunday ab routines last round.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 152.6 (-0.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 11.8% (+0.1%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Overall, I did OK after the two week layoff. First time I've lost weight in weeks, which is OK.

No comments: