Monday, March 28, 2022

WEEK OF 03/28/2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - WEEK 13

MONDAY - MARCH 28, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Flash Cardio

I was thinking it was going to be Cardio 24 for most of the day, then saw it was indeed Flash Cardio, which we only did a few days ago. It's a longer workout by about 20 minutes, but I did it anyways. My balance was bad and my legs were a bit weak, so I was stumbling a lot, and couldn't go full blast, but I got through it. Just not a good result.

Start Time: 8:20 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 311; Avg Heart Rate: 101.


TUESDAY - MARCH 29, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Push

I increased my reps on most of the pushup moves, which was good. On the other moves, my weights and reps were the same as the last few times. Will maybe try and increase something on those next time.  

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 385; Avg Heart Rate: 101.


WEDNESDAY - MARCH 30, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Plyo 30/15

I was a bit unsteady on my feet. Not a great workout overall, but I did what I could.

Start Time: 7:40 pm; Workout Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 259; Avg Heart Rate: 98.


THURSDAY - MARCH 31, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Triple Trouble Challenge

I got through it fine. 30 pushups and 15 pulldowns with bands. Even though I haven't been doing regular pullups this round, I do feel the muscles in my back. This is one of my favorite routines.

Start Time: 8:30 pm; Workout Time: 70 minutes; Calories Burned: 437; Avg Heart Rate: 99.


FRIDAY - APRIL 1, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Heart, Lungs, and Legs

My balance was off again, but I did what I could. I held onto a chair for balance on a few of the moves, so I ccould go deeper, which seemed to work.

Start Time: 5:35 pm; Workout Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 371; Avg Heart Rate: 100.


SATURDAY - APRIL 2, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Pure Stretch

This is Day 90 and the last workout of the round. I wasn't as flexible as I have been lately, but probably more so than when the round began. A good way to finish things out.

Start Time: 7:25 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 255; Avg Heart Rate: 94.


SUNDAY - APRIL 3, 2022 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 151.8 (+1.0 lbs)
Body Fat: 11/5% (+0.3%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Throughout the day, my balance seems to be getting better. I don't know if it's because I'm just getting used to making adjustments, or what the reason is, but it's a bit encouraging. However, that doesn't seem to be carrying over the the workouts, especially the cardio, plyo, or yoga ones. That's frustrating, but I just do what I can. Most of my entries mention how my balance is, because that really determines how the workout went. On the strength workouts, I seem to be able to increase reps or weights occassionaly, so that's good.


THOUGHTS ON THE ROUND

My thoughts are tainted a bit because I have a problem doing half of the workouts, so it's tough to compare it to what I've done before with other programs. I'm thinking if I was able to go full throttle I would have enjoyed it much more. It's tough when you're limited and feel there's not much you can do about it because that's the way it is. However, in the back of my mind, I do look for breakthroughs. I did put on about 13 lbs during the 13 weeks. While that might be terrifying for some, it was extremely necessary for me, as I'd lost a lot of weight the previous year. I just need to get a grip on what I'm eating. My doctor told me to liberalize things a bit because the sugar readings have been so good, but I think I may be going too far, so I have to keep an eye on that. One regret I had was that I skipped many, too many, of the Sunday ab workouts. I just let it be OK, when it shouldn't have been. I think I might have missed only one other workout during the 90 days. Overall, I like the program. It's still Tony. The workouts are similar in style to his other programs, just with some new moves, which kept things fresh and interesting. I used bands instead of actual pullups because I was having a problem with those, especially on my grip on the bar, but the bands did seem to give me results, so there's no real regrets there. Overall, I enjoyed it because it was a bit different. One thing I'm ambivalent about was the schedule. P90X had a set weekly schedule that didn't really change too much. On Monday's you know if was pushups, Arms on Wednesdays, etc. With Power of 4, that wasn't the case. There was a schedule, but it seemed random. I'm sure Tony knew what he was doing when setting it up, so it was just a trust factor. In the next 90 day round, he's set up two options. One is "Burn", which is leaning more cardio based, and the other is "Build", which is more of the strength workouts. I'll be doing "Build". The workouts are a bit more taxing on the body, but he does warn you about that, and tells you to listen to your body, so I'll be listening.



No comments: