Monday, May 16, 2022

WEEK OF 05/16/2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - ROUND 2 - WEEK 4

MONDAY - MAY 16, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Primal Flow

This is not my favorite workout, though the last few times I went at it pretty hard and enjoyed it more. Not today. I didn't feel like doing most of the moves, and actually quit early on a few of them. I was wearing athletic shoes which kept grabbing the carpet when I was trying to move around down low. I think the last few times I did this, I did it without shoes, and that may have made it easier, and less frustrating. I'll try and remember that for next time.

Start Time: 8:55 pm; Workout Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 390; Avg Heart Rate: 105.  


TUESDAY - MAY 17, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Arms and Abs

I started really late, but got it done. I felt strong, and increased my weight or reps on several moves, which felt good.

Start Time: 9:55 pm; Workout Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 351; Avg Heart Rate: 113.


WEDNESDAY - MAY 18, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Power and Strength Yoga

I haven't done one of the longer yoga routines in months, but just decided I was going to do my best with this. I wasn't even dreading it. My balance was better than usual. There are times when I couldn't even get though the beginning stretches without losing my balance, but it was no problem today. I started out with a pair of thick socks (no shoes), then added a second pair beneath them early on. I still have problems swinging my leg through on the vinyasas, and have problems standing up and keeping my balance when one leg is back, but I did my best. I didn't miss too many reps. Overall, it was a bit encouraging. 

Start Time: 9:15 pm; Workout Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 527; Avg Heart Rate: 110.


THURSDAY - MAY 19, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Chest and Back Round Robin

My arms felt a bit shaky going in, but I did OK. I increased my pushup reps on the power stands from 25 to 30, and I increase my weight on the weighted bent over back moves from 30 to 35, though I did struggle a bit with the weight. I even had to put the weights down a few times mid-set because I was losing my grip. As per usual, I do all my bent over back moves seated on a workout bench. Everything else went OK.

Start Time: 7:40 pm; Workout Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 550; Avg Heart Rate: 121.


FRIDAY - MAY 20, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Flash Cardio

I played golf in the morning and early afternoon. Stopped at the office for a couple hours on the way home. Got home little after 5. Laid down to take a quick nap. Woke up around 10pm. After the grogginess wore off, I decided to do the workout. It went OK, but I got it in.

Start Time: 11:05 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 347; Avg Heart Rate: 104.


SATURDAY - MAY 21, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Push

A pretty good workout. I was feeling really weak, but except for a few moves early on, I pretty much matched my numbers from last time.

Start Time: 8:50 pm; Workout Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 410; Avg Heart Rate: 115.


SUNDAY - MAY 22, 2022 - Rest

Skipped the ab workout again. That's about eight weeks in a row.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 151.2 (-0.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 11.8% (-0.1%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The workouts went OK. I was glad I was able to do the longer yoga routine, even though it wasn't pretty. The effort was there.

No comments: