Monday, May 23, 2022

WEEK OF 05/23/2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - ROUND 2 - WEEK 5

MONDAY - MAY 23, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Shoulders and Arms Recharge 

This went OK. It moves really fast, and you can tire out easily, as there isn't a lot of time between exercises to let your muscles rest and recover. There were a few times I tried to increase my weight from last time, but my reps dropped. I was having problems with my balance while moving the weight, and that made things difficult. Sometimes I have days like that. I just do what I can and move on.

Start Time: 8:45 pm; Workout Time: 41 minutes; Calories Burned: 400; Avg Heart Rate: 122.


TUESDAY - MAY 24, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Flash Card Plyo 

Any type of plyo is tough for me anymore because of my horrible balance and the fact that I can no longer jump. There are some moves I can get by on, but there are others when I'm forced to modify, or even do something else. I guess finding the alternatives is now the challenge here. I did some today. I was only at about 30% intensity today, some of it in my head, but a lot because of physical limitations.

Start Time: 10:05 pm; Workout Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 285; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


WEDNESDAY - MAY 25, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Crunch Town 

Chest and Back Round Robin was on the schedule today. I'd done that workout only a few days ago. I was under some time constraints because I wanted to watch the Survivor finale, and was going to take a rest day, but decided to do Crunch Town, because it was a lot shorter, and I'd been blowing it off on my normal Sundays. I looked at my worksheets a saw I hadn't done it in nearly three months. I was a bit rusty, and my range of motion left a bit to be desired, but I got it done. Better than doing nothing.  

Start Time: 10:40 pm; Workout Time: 21 minutes; Calories Burned: 93; Avg Heart Rate: 96.


THURSDAY - MAY 26, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Don't Skip Yoga 

Not a good session. I was wearing my heavy socks with the grips on the bottom, but I'm back to the problem of having them slide on my feet. It's tough for me to swing my leg through and get up into a Warrior position. I skipped a bunch of those vinyasas and only did a couple of very sloppy ones during the "Meathead Yoga" sequence. I was very frustrated, but try to control it and do what I could.

Start Time: 8:30 pm; Workout Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 340; Avg Heart Rate: 95.


FRIDAY - MAY 27, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Heart, Lungs, and Legs 

Not great, but I did what I could.

Start Time: 9:25 pm; Workout Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 391; Avg Heart Rate: 103.


SATURDAY - MAY 28, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Attack and Defend 

Nothing exceptional. My balance was a bit below average.

Start Time: 7:55 pm; Workout Time: 49 minutes; Calories Burned: 319; Avg Heart Rate: 101.


SUNDAY - MAY 29, 2022 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 156.6 (+5.4 lbs)
Body Fat: 12.9% (+1.1%)

Both were really big increases. Probably an aberration. I'm guessing I'll go back down next week.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Kind of rough on the workouts, but I showed up. I am getting tired, physically and mentally, but more mentally.

No comments: