Monday, October 24, 2022

WEEK OF 10/24/2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - ROUND 3 - WEEK 4

MONDAY - OCTOBER 24, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Triple Trouble Challenge

I guess I'm not going to use a recovery week every 4 weeks like P90X. I couldn't really put one together without repeating a bunch of workouts. So I'm going to repeat the previous three weeks, which worked out very well. I had along stressful day and got home later than usual. I'd thought about skipping the workout, but don't like doing that, so I got into it shortly after getting home. This is a long workout timewise, but I like it, and there is a lot of resting in it. I did 30 pushups in each set and 16 Band Pulldowns. No real problems with either. I can't really do real pullups anymore, so I have been doing the Band Pulldowns instead. They do work well, but I might try the Pullup Assist at some point, just to see what happens.

Start Time: 7:40 pm; Workout Time: 70 minutes; Calories Burned: 470; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


TUESDAY - OCTOBER 25, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Flash Card Plyo

A bit proud of myself today. Because of my illnesses I can't really jump. On the plyo workouts I just kind of do what I think I can do with my limitations and leave it at that. Today I pushed myself. I don't want to give into these things, and even though it's said I won't get better, I'll keep trying to prove them wrong, and maybe give inspiration to others if I can. I got some small jumps in. I did the burpees, though they were a bit slow and not too pretty. I really can't do the Long Jumps yet, so I do Moving Tires from the P90X days. I even tried doing the Mountain Squats. On those, however, I'm a bit leery. I'm afraid I'm going to hurt my hand, wrist, or arm when going down, and it's really hard for me to get my legs underneath me to get back up. I'll keep trying those here and there, and maybe come up with an alternative if I think they're not for me. Overall, a nice step for me.

Start Time: 7:35 pm; Workout time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 274; Avg Heart Rate: 106.


WEDNESDAY - OCTOBER 26, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Shoulders and Arms Recharge

I didn't increase the weights on any of the moves, but I did increase the reps on quite a few. I'm still not feeling strong, and 25 lbs are a lot for me to handle anymore. I'm trying to be smart and not hurt myself, but I might try a weight increase on a move or two next time, just to see.

Start Time: 7:00 pm; Workout Time: 40 minutes; Calories Burned: 329; Avg Heart Rate: 112.


THURSDAY - OCTOBER 27, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Pure Stretch

I'm subbing Pure Stretch for each of the three yoga routines during the schedule so I can use them during the recovery week in Week 13. Pretty good today. I was a lot more flexible than I thought I'd be.

Start Time: 7:10 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 196; Avg Heart Rate: 88.


FRIDAY - OCTOBER 28, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Primal Flow

I did more than I usually do, even some of the burpees. There were a couple times when my body just said "no" in the middle of some of those burpee sets, but at least I made the effort, My form isn't great on any of these moves, but I do what I can. I still can't get my leg through on the kick through move, but I bring it up to me elbow instead. I modify where I can instead of giving up. 

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 443; Avg Heart Rate: 111.


SATURDAY - OCTOBER 29, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Attack and Defend

It wasn't bad, but I think I was expecting a bit more from myself because some of the workouts have been going good lately. Socks only again. No shoes. My feet were feeling a bit swollen. My balance was pretty good. I didn't miss any reps. I guess I should have been more satisfied.

Start Time: 4:55 pm; Workout Time: 49 minutes; Calories Burned: 320; Avg Heart Rate: 101.


SUNDAY - OCTOBER 30, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Crunch Town

Not real smooth today for some reason, but I got all the reps in. I'm not coming all the way up on the Banana Crunches or the Punches. Lazy.

Start Time: 9:25 pm; Workout Time: 21 minutes; Calories Burned: 118; Avg Heart Rate: 95.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 151.4 (+0.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 11.5% (no change)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The workouts went OK. I did feel myself a bit "off" the last few days for whatever reason.

No comments: