Monday, October 10, 2022

WEEK OF 10/10/2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - ROUND 3 - WEEK 2

MONDAY - OCTOBER 10, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Push

No pun intended, but I did push myself today. I think I might have done a few less reps here and there from when I finished up the last round, but that was OK. Before each move, I pretty much decided how many reps I though I could do, and I stuck to that. It seemed to work well, as I didn't have a lot left at the end of each move.  

Start Time: 7:55 pm; Workout Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 498;  Avg Heart Rate: 126.


TUESDAY - OCTOBER 11, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Heart, Lungs, Legs

This is just an annoying workout for me. I can't do a lot of the moves properly because of my feet and lack of balance, but aside from that, I don't like almost all of the moves. From the "flute playing" to Tony's incessant chatter, it's almost unbearable. There was 21 minutes of actual workout time in 58 minutes. That's a lot of waste. On a scale from 1 to 10, my intensity was a 3.

Start Time: 8:05 pm; Workout Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 348; Avg Heart Rate: 98.


WEDNESDAY - OCTOBER 12, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Who's Got Your Back

I don't hate this workout, but it's not my favorite either. It just always seems to drag on for me for some reason. I used 30's for most of the bent over back moves. I actually do those seated. I used 15's on the rhomboid moves, and band pulldowns instead of pullups. Overall, it went OK.

Start Time: 7:35 pm; Workout Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 433; Avg Heart Rate: 110.


THURSDAY - OCTOBER 13, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Morning Yoga

As with last week's yoga workout, my balance was a bit better than usual, although there weren't a lot of standing poses. Nothing unusual here today.

Start Time: 6:10 pm; Workout Time: 37 minutes; Calories Burned: 198; Avg Heart Rate: 94.


FRIDAY - OCTOBER 14, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Drop, Pulse, Hold

My intensity was pretty good. I used a 15 lb dumbbell on almost all of the moves, and held onto a chair when doing the one legged moves.

Start Time: 8:25 pm; Workout Time: 72 minutes; Calories Burned: 495; Avg Heart Rate: 104.


SATURDAY - OCTOBER 15, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Flash Cardio

Not a great workout. My legs were a bit heavy, maybe from yesterday, and my feet were feeling a bit swollen. It was hard to move them quickly. I did get through it, though.

Start Time: 7:45 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 302; Avg Hrart Rate: 102.


SUNDAY - OCTOBER 16, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Crunch Town

I got everything done. I modify the last move a bit so I don't strain my lower back.

Start Time: 9:10 pm; Workout Time: 22 minutes; Calories Burned: 116; Avg Heart Rate: 94.


SUNDAY WEIGN IN

Weight: 150.2 (-1.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 11.8% (-0.1%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Not too many thoughts. I got through everything OK. Wasn't really dreading any of the workouts. I'm wondering how much this compares to P90X. It seems easier, but at the same time, I'm getting older and I now have some strength issues, so I can't go as hard.

No comments: