Thursday, October 6, 2022

WEEK OF 10/03/2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - ROUND 3 - WEEK 1

Back at it after a few months off. I just needed the mental break. I don't feel bad about it at all.

Starting Weight: 150.6
Starting Body Fat: 11.8%

I've created my own schedule with the Power of 4 workouts. There are enough workouts to give me three solid P90Xish weeks without repeating any. I'll rotate through them four times each.


MONDAY - OCTOBER 3, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Triple Trouble Challenge

I decided to start out a bit light on the pushups because I wasn't sure what I could do after the long layoff, so my numbers were 20 pushups and 16 band pulldowns (instead of pullups). No problems with either. I like the workout, so I was actually enjoying myself and not dreading every minute.

Start Time: 7:45 pm; Workout Time: 70 minutes; Calories Burned: 353; Avg Heart Rate: 99.


TUESDAY - OCTOBER 4, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Flash Card Plyo

It went Ok, but not great. I still can't jump or move my feet quickly, so it was a bit of a struggle, but I did what I could.

Start Time: 7:35 pm; Workout Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 189; Avg Heart Rate: 100.


WEDNESDAY - OCTOBER 5, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Shoulders and Arms Recharge

I went light because I haven't lifted any weights for 2 months. I started with 25s on the Military Presses, but had a hard time with them in the second round, when my arms were a bit tired. I used mostly 15's and 20's on the biceps. I'll try and up them later, but I have lost a lot of strength the last few years.

Start Time: 7:10 pm; Workout Time: 40 minutes; Calories Burned: 361; Avg Heart Rate: 116.


THURSDAY - OCTOBER 6, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Don't Skip Yoga

Maybe my best yoga routine in the last few years. It certainly wasn't pretty, but I was able to keep my balance a lot better than I had.  I still can't swing my leg all the way through on the left side, but I was able to make it work, I was also able to stand up in the poses better than I had been. It was very encouraging.

Start Time: 7:10 pm; Workout Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 427; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


FRIDAY - OCTOBER 7, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Primal Flow

I usually struggle with this one, as there are a number of moves I don't have the flexibility to do. I stopped a few seconds early on a few of the moves, but overall I finished most of them. Something to work on.

Start Time: 8:10pm; Workout Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 377; Avg Heart Rate: 103. 


SATURDAY - OCTOBER 8, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Attack and Defend

My balance wasn't as bad as it usually is during this workout, but I still don't go full blast, or I will be stumbling all over the place. I got all the reps in, but I didn't do any sprawls.

Start Time: 7:20pm; Workout Time: 49 minutes; Calories Burned: 332; Avg Heart Rate: 102. 


SUNDAY - OCTOBER 9, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - The Power of Core

I'm not a big fan of this one. I prefer Crunch Town. I don't like the plank moves here, and really can't do most of them clean. I can only get 10 reps in on the two toe tap moves.

Start Time: 8:45 pm; Workout Time: 23 minutes; Calories Burned: 159; Avg Heart Rate: 104.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 151.8 (+1.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 11.9% (+0.1%)

At this point, adding a bit of weight is not bad for me.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Not as bad as I'd thought. I thought I'd be dreading the workouts each dat, and that my body would feel really beat up, but neither was the case. I just knew I had to do the workouts, so I did them. I thin using the new schedule I'd set up may have had something to do with that. It was fresh. My arms were a bit sore one day, but nothing major. My balance did seem to be a bit better than before, so that was a bit encouraging. 




No comments: