Monday, October 31, 2022

WEEK OF 10/31/2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - ROUND 3 - WEEK 5

MONDAY - OCTOBER 31, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Push

I increased my reps on quite a few moves, but didn't increase any of the weights. With my loss of strength over the last two years, I'm still afraid of hurting myself. Overall, it was a very good workout.

Start Time: 7:30 pm; Workout Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 430; Avg Heart Rate: 117.


TUESDAY - NOVEMBER 1, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Heart, Lungs, Legs

Ugh! I don't like this workout to begin with. I came in with a bad attitude and followed it up with a poor effort.. My feet were swollen and heavy, so I couldn't do too much, not that I would have. Move on.

Start Time: 7:45 pm; Workout Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 348; Avg Heart Rate: 98.


WEDNESDAY - NOVEMBER 2, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Who's Got Your Back?

A solid workout. Same weights. Same number of reps, but it just felt good.

Start Time: 6:40 pm; Workout Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 471; Avg Heart Rate: 113.


THURSDAY - NOVEMBER 3, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Morning Yoga

This felt really good, the way yoga should be. I was relaxed. My balance was OK. It seems to be getting a bit better. The only down side was that I still can't find the perfect footwear. Today I wore athletic socks and they tend to slide off when I'm doing downward dog. 

Start Time: 9:20 pm; Workout Time: 37 minutes; Calories Burned: 151; Avg Heart Rate: 89.


FRIDAY - NOVEMBER 4, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Drop, Pulse, and Hold

Another good one. On the one legged balance moves I have to hold onto a chair, but I'm able to go lower, so it's not a total loss. I used a 15 lb weight on all the moves (but one). I never used a weight on the Lean Backs, and didn't on the first round, but tried it on the second round, and it actually made the move easier.

Start Time: 7:40 pm; Workout Time: 72 minutes; Calories Burned: 536; Avg Heart Rate: 108..


SATURDAY - NOVEMBER 5, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Flash Card-io

Not so great today. My feet were swollen and me legs were feeling heavy, so I wasn't getting around so well. But I got it in.

Start Time: 8:20 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 308; Avg Heart Rate: 100.


SUNDAY - NOVEMBER 6, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Body Scan Meditation

I've added this in to the schedule, doing it every third Sunday instead of an ab workout. Very, very relaxing, and very important.

Start Time: 8:55 pm; Workout Time: 24 minutes; Calories Burned: 46; Avg Heart Rate: 75


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 152.4 (+1.0 lbs)
Body Fat: 12.0% (+0.5%)

Not sure where the body fat increase came from, but the weight increase is OK.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I seem to be doing OK overall, increasing my reps here and there. I'm not feeling too beat up yet.

No comments: