Monday, November 14, 2022

WEEK OF 11/14/2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - ROUND 3 - WEEK 7

MONDAY - NOVEMBER 14, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Triple Trouble Challenge

I like this workout, but probably wouldn't so much if I had to do actual pullups. Because of health and strength issues (a form of neuropathy in my hands and feet), I can't do real pullups anymore. I do Band Pulldowns instead. I wrap the band around a pullup bar, sit directly underneath it, and pull down on the bands. I make sure I'm activating my back muscles when I do so. I can feel them working and there are some results there. I do 16 each set. On the pushups, I increased my reps from 30 last time to 32 this time on each set. I am going roughly the same depth as Tony does when he's doing them fast, so I'm not dogging them. However, I noticed Bobby Stevenson goes lower and slower, with less reps,so I might try that sometime. Right now I get sore in my shoulders and not so much in my chest. Going lower might change that. On the bands, I might try using a heavier band next time to see what happens. I'm just nervous I might pull down the pullup bar if the band is too stiff.

Start Time: 7:35 pm; Workout Time: 70 minutes; Calories Burned: 410; Avg Heart Rate: 97.


TUESDAY - NOVEMBER 15, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Flash Card Plyo

Nothing exciting. I did what I could.

Start Time: 7:50 pm; Workout Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 257; Avg Heart Rate: 101.


WEDNESDAY - NOVEMBER 16, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Shoulders and Arms Recharge

Pretty good. I surprised myself a bit. I was able to do a few more reps than last time on the first two moves, the Military Shoulders Presses and the Bicep Curls, so I decided to test myself during the rest of the workout. I either increased my weights or my reps from last time on a lot of moves. Encouraging.

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 40 minutes; Calories Burned: 362; Avg Heart Rate: 119.


THURSDAY - NOVEMBER 17, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Don't Skip Yoga

I still don't know what to wear on my feet. I tried a lot of different combinations during the first 30 minutes of the workout, so I missed doing a lot of the moves. Eventually I decided to go back to doing in in just my athletic socks. The slip and twist a bit, but any shoe I wear grabs the mat when I'm trying to move, and makes things almost impossible. I also went from the plyo type mat I usually use for everything to a traditional yoga mat I bought a few years ago, but never really used too much. I think the socks and that mat are going to be the best combo moving forward. I had my shoes on during the "meathead" portion, so that limited me a bit, plus my legs were super tired, and it was hard for me to hold other poses like half moon. Not a good workout, but maybe I learned something useful for the future. 

Start Time: 7:40 pm; Workout Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 395; Avg Heart Rate: 97.


FRIDAY - NOVEMBER 18, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Primal Flow

This isn't one of my favorites, so it's tough to get motivated and stay motivated throughout the workout. Today was pretty much that. I got it done. It could have been better, could have been worse. I at least tried most of the burpee moves, but they were slow. A lot of the other moves I'm just uncoordinated on, but I try.

Start Time: 8:45 pm; Workout Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 400; Avg Heart Rate: 105.


SATURDAY - NOVEMBER 19, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Attack and Defend

We are having record snowfalls here in the Buffalo NY area. Most of it is falling overnight, any my town isn't even getting the worst of it. Yesterday, I was able to snow blow the driveway. Today I got halfway through and one of the tires came loose from the rim, making the snow blower pretty much useless. I went out later and shoveled a bit, at least enough to get my car out on Monday. It was really tough, tiring, and frustrating because my balance is bad and throwing heavy snow was pulling me off balance. I had to take a long rest when I got done and got the workout in really late. I'm just lucky it was one of my favorite workouts and wasn't too exhausting. I did OK at it. Just before I started the workout I looked out the window and saw it snowing heavily again. Don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow.  

Start Time: 9:50 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 230; Avg Heart Rate: 97.


SUNDAY - NOVEMBER 20, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - The Power Of Core

I got all the reps in, except for the two Plank Toe Tapper moves, where I got in 10 each. My form wasn't perfect on most of the moves. On the moves where I pretty much do a sit up, I don't come down all the way, or I roll up. Doing a sit-up move without any momentum has a tendency to hurt my back, and I don't want to push it. 

Start Time: 9:40 pm; Workout Time: 23 minutes; Calories Burned: 134; Avg Heart Rate: 100.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 151.6 (-1.8 lbs)
Body Fat: 11.8% (-0.4%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Nothing exceptional this week. I got through the workouts, some better than others. The snow removal at the end of the week took a toll on me, both physically and mentally. In the past, I would just push through it, but with my health issues, it wore on me. There are things that I simply have problems doing.

No comments: