Monday, November 28, 2022

WEEK OF 11/28/2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - ROUND 3 - WEEK 9

MONDAY - NOVEMBER 28, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Chest and Back Round Robin

I did the same moves and numbers I did last time, but I felt a bit stronger than last time. The only move I was having problems with was the pushups on the Medicine Balls. I think i was trying to improve my form on them, and found I couldn't go too deep. Something to work on.

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 429; Avg Heart Rate: 112.


TUESDAY - NOVEMBER 29, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Plyo 30/15

This might be the best I've ever done with this workout. I did the Plank Frogs all the way through, and on the next move, the Plank Lunges, I was able to bring one leg up to my hand, the bring the other one towards my opposite elbow, which is about all I'm going to be able to do. I did reverse plank kicks instead of the Mountain Squats, as usual. I even tried doing some Jumping Jacks during the warmup, but couldn't. My brain won't let me even start them. 

Start Time: 7:55 pm; Workout Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 251; Avg Heart Rate: 100.


WEDNESDAY - NOVEMBER 30, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Arms and Abs

I went a bit faster than they did on the video, just because I wanted to get it done. I did the Heavy (Bicep) Curls out of sequence because doing them right after the High and Tight Curls wears me out. I was able to get 10 reps in with 25's, where I usually really struggle to get in 8 reps.

Start Time: 7:40 pm; Workout Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 295; Avg Heart Rate: 106.


THURSDAY - DECEMBER 1, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Power and Strength Yoga

One of the problems I'm having with the yoga workouts is that I can't find proper footwear. I shouldn't be doing them in my bare feet. Today I went back to using my thick Christmas socks, and they seem to work better than anything else I'd been trying. They're slipping a bit, but not sliding off, and they do have a bit of grip on the bottom to hold the mat, but no so much that they grab when I'm trying to move. I was able to get more done today than usual. I did almost all of the "ladder" moves, only sitting through one repetitive left / right set (the Right Angle poses). Sitting through that set was actually a good break for me. It let me relax, regroup, and watch them a bit. Not perfect today, but it was promising. 

Start Time: 5:20 pm; Workout Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 292; Avg Heart Rate: 100.


FRIDAY - DECEMBER 2, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Head To Toe

Not my favorite workout. I did a little bit more than just going through the motions, but I wasn't going all out either.

Start Time: 9:30 pm; Workout Time: 56 minutes; Calories Burned: 380; Avg Heart Rate: 105.


SATURDAY - DECEMBER 3, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Kicking and Punching

I was tiring mid way through. I like the workout, but it is long.

Start Time: 8:15 pm; Workout Time: 68 minutes; Calories Burned: 480; Avg Heart Rate: 105.


SUNDAY - DECEMBER 4, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Body Scan Meditation

I really like this one. Sometimes my mind is racing on other things when it shouldn't be, but overall, it's relaxing. 

Start Time: 7:55 pm; Workout Time: 24 minutes; Calories Burned: 53; Avg Heart Rate: 79.


SUNDAY WEIGN IN

Weight: 152.6 (-2.0 lbs)
Body Fat: 12.1% (+0.1%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I got through the workouts OK. I seem to be feeling a bit stronger. Last night I picked up a 30 lb weights and was able to curl 8 reps with the right arm, with relatively no problem. Then I did 7 reps with the left arm, which really surprised me, because that arm is usually a lot weaker, or so I thought. OK on the weight drop, even though it's not a main concern right now.

No comments: