Monday, November 7, 2022

WEEK OF 11/07/2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - ROUND 3 - WEEK 6

MONDAY - NOVEMBER 7, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Chest and Back Round Robin

This went well. My rotation was Pushups on Power Stands (32), Band Pulldowns (16), Pushups on Medicine Balls (24), Seated Weighted (30 lbs) Bent Over Rows (12), Decline Pushups (feet on a workout bench) on an upside down Bosu Ball (16), and Pullups with the Pullup Assist (8). I'd increased the Stand Pushups from 24 last time to 32 this time, and the Ball Pushups from 20 to 24. I'd also done a few less Bosu pushups last time. I didn't get too low on the Ball or Bosu pushups, but did what I could. I was really tired when done, and can already feel it in my shoulders.

Start Time: 7:45 pm; Workout Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 570; Avg Heart Rate: 123.


TUESDAY - NOVEMBER 8, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Plyo 30/15

My balance was really bad, so this was a tough workout for me today. I can't say I pushed myself however. I could have made up for it by going lower in my squats, but I didn't do that.

Start Time: 7:45 pm; Workout Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 226; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


WEDNESDAY - NOVEMBER 9, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Arms and Abs

I got in the same reps with the same weights as last time, but I was feeling really weak at times, so my form was suffering a bit. I noticed I was swinging the weights a bit here and there. I'm not going to beat myself up over it. My effort was there.

Start Time: 8:15 pm; Workout Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 276; Avg Heart Rate: 108.


THURSDAY - NOVEMBER 10, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Power and Strength Yoga

Not a good one. I  just bought some so-called Yoga shoes off of Amazon because it's a constant battle to find some footwear that works. These sucked. There was too much grip on them, making it difficult to move around on the mat. It would have been very easy to pull a muscle because of the sticking. It was like wearing my athletic shoes. Waste of money. Also, Tony needs to realize there is more to Yoga than vinyasas into poses. The fact that I couldn't do most of the moves, partly because of my footwear, partly because of my bad balance in that footwear, just made it worse. Nothing relaxing about this workout whatsoever.

Start Time: 8:15 pm; Workout Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 378; Avg Heart Rate: 97.


FRIDAY - NOVEMBER 11, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Head To Toe

I didn't get to bed until about 12:30 last night and it caught up to me. I was sluggish and feeling a bit indifferent during the workout, so my effort was poor. I didn't feel like doing the Mountain Squats because I don't like them, so I did Bridge Kicks instead. I did get the 10 Bear Crawl Burpees in at the end, but they were slow and ugly.

Start Time: 9:35 pm; Workout Time: 56 minutes; Calories Burned: 352; Avg Heart Rate: 101.


SATURDAY - NOVEMBER 12, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Kicking and Punching

I slept most of the day. I wasn't feeling really bad, but I guess I just needed it. The workout went OK. My feet got really tired about half way through, but I finished it up. My balance was OK, and I think I got most of the reps in, except for some of those really fast punches. I did front kicks instead of the sprawls, and that seemed to work OK.
 
Start Time: 7:30 pm; Workout Time: 69 minutes; Calories Burned: 456; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


SUNDAY - NOVEMBER 13, 2022 - THE POWER OF 4 - Body Scan Meditation

Wish I could say this was totally relaxing. It was to an extent, but my mind was wandering a bit, so I didn't get the full benefit. Maybe it was because I started it so late in the day and knew I needed to get it over with. Feeling a bit rushed?
 
Start Time: 8:55 pm; Workout Time: 24 minutes; Calories Burned: 46; Avg Heart Rate: 77.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 153.4 (+1.0 lb)
Body Fat: 12.2% (+0.2%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I started the week out strong, then kind of petered out the last half. 

No comments: