Monday, March 13, 2023

WEEK OF 03/13/2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - ROUND 4 - WEEK 5

MONDAY - MARCH 13, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Push

I increased my numbers a bit here and there. I just got my new Tony Horton push-up stands and tried them out. There was nothing really wrong with the old ones, and I still love them. I guess I was just curious. They're not as tall, much lighter (plastic as opposed to metal), and the grips seem a little more slippery if your hands get sweaty. I took off my workout gloves for the last set of pushups and definitely felt my hands sliding a bit. Maybe they'll be less slick the more I use them. Overall, I liked them a lot though. I can see myself using both sets in the future. Overall, it was a good workout. I usually do well with this one.

Start Time: 7:15 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 331; Avg Heart Rate: 117.


TUESDAY - MARCH 14, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Heart, Lungs, Legs

My desire was there, but I wasn't getting around too good. Did what I could. There's going to be days like this. I try not to get too frustrated, and move forward.

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 291; Avg Heart Rate: 96.


WEDNESDAY - MARCH 15, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Who's Got Your Back?

I didn't use the video because I started late and wanted to watch the Sabres game, which I did while doing the workout. I was still concentrating on what I was doing. I used my new Tony Horton resistance bands (blue) for band pulldowns instead of pullups. They seemed to work well. I kike the sheaths on them. I used 30's on most of the weighted back moves and 15's on the upper back / shoulder moves.

Start Time: 8:45 pm; Workout Time: 37 minutes; Calories Burned: 242; Avg Heart Rate: 108.


THURSDAY - MARCH 16, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Morning Yoga

Rough, upsetting day at work. I tried calming down a bit with this session. It worked a bit. I used my new Tony Horton yoga mat, and liked it a lot. It seemed a little less rigid than the plyo mat I've been using for years, and a little more straight than the Gaiam yoga mat I bought a few years ago, although I like that one too.

Start Time: 7:50 pm; Workout Time: 37 minutes; Calories Burned: 202; Avg Heart Rate: 96.


FRIDAY - MARCH 17, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Drop. Pulse, Hold

This is an endurance test. I got all the moves in. I used a 15 lb dumbbell on each of them

Start Time: 7:40 pm; Workout Time: 72 minutes; Calories Burned: 398; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


SATURDAY - MARCH 18, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Flash Card-io

The way I have the schedule set up, this one always comes after Drop, Pulse, Hold, which really fries my legs. I do what I can. My balance was off today, anf for some reason I was tiring quickly.
.
Start Time: 6:05 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 328; Avg Heart Rate: 103.


SUNDAY - MARCH 19, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Crunch Town

I did it without the video. Went OK.
.
Start Time: 10:20 pm; Workout Time: 14 minutes; Calories Burned: 60; Avg Heart Rate: 89.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 158.8 (+2.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 13.1% (+0.3%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEKS

Not too many thoughts. The workouts went OK.

No comments: