Tuesday, March 7, 2023

WEEK OF 03/06/2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - ROUND 4 - WEEK 4

MONDAY - MARCH 6, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Triple Trouble Challenge

I increased my reps from 30 to 32 on the pushups and from 5 to 6 on the assisted pullups. I didn't have too many problems, other than having to come off the pullup bar a few times because I don't have too much grip strength anymore. I did try going a smidge lower in my pushups a few times, and that felt good.

Start Time: 6:25 pm; Workout Time: 70 minutes; Calories Burned: 460; Avg Heart Rate: 101.


TUESDAY - MARCH 7, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Flash Card Plyo

I just felt "off" a bit. I have a bad bunion on my left foot, and my big toe bends in at like a 60 degree angle. I tried putting a piece of sponge between that toe and the one next to it, to see if a wider foot base would increase my balance at all. It seemed to make it a bit worse, but I'm thinking that's because I wasn't used to the difference. I'll keep trying it. Overall, the workout went OK, but not my best effort. I did try the long jumps a bit though. Normally, I do "tires" from the P90X days, but thought I'd try the actual jumps. I could only jump a few inches. I have no spring in my legs, because I can't push off my toes. I'm flat footed all the time, so I land hard.

Start Time: 7:25 pm; Workout Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 300; Avg Heart Rate: 105.


WEDNESDAY - MARCH 8, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Shoulders and Arms Recharge

This went well. I used the same weights as usual, but I was able to get in a few more Shoulder Presses and Bicep Curls on the second round than I did last time. I was going a bit faster than they were on the video, so I tiring a bit. On the first round of Tricep Kickbacks I tried using 20's instead of the usual 15's, but I was a bit tired and my form was bad.

Start Time: 6:20 pm; Workout Time: 40 minutes; Calories Burned: 338; Avg Heart Rate: 113.


THURSDAY - MARCH 9, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Don't Skip Yoga

My balance was ok, but I couldn't hold the poses for too long. I got though it,

Start Time: 7:30 pm; Workout Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 336; Avg Heart Rate: 98.


FRIDAY - MARCH 10, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Primal Flow

This one is tough for me because I'm not flexible or coordinated, so I really don't like it. I put rubber winter gloves on my hands because of all the crawling around, and they seemed to help a bit. I did all the moves. Some I was more aggressive than others, depending on whether I liked them or not.

Start Time: 9:00 pm; Workout Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 365; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


SATURDAY - MARCH 11, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Attack and Defend

Sort of middlin'. My balance wasn't great again, but not horrible. This is one of my favorite workouts, but I just wanted to get it over with.

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 49 minutes; Calories Burned: 168; Avg Heart Rate: 97.


SUNDAY - MARCH 12, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Power of Core

I didn't use the video, and instead went off the worksheet, hence the shorter time. I even did the moves in a different order. There are a lot of moves I don't like, so I did them first. 

Start Time: 9:40 pm; Workout Time: 14 minutes; Calories Burned: 111; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 156.4 (-2.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 12.8% (-0.6%)

Sort of a re-set, as this is close to where I was two weeks ago.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Not much to say. I got through the workouts OK. Some of them were tough and not my favorites. I'm feeling the toning in my shoulders, and my arms were sore during the week, which I guess is a good sign.

No comments: