Monday, March 27, 2023

WEEK OF 03/27/2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - ROUND 4 - WEEK 7

MONDAY - MARCH 27, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Triple Trouble Challenge

I did 32 push ups on each set. They got tiring after a while. I'm using the new Tony Horton Power Stands and new workout gloves, so I don't know if either contributed to that. Probably not. Instead of regular pullups, which I can't do anymore, I usually do 16 band pulldowns. The last few times, I thought I did pullups with the pullup assists. I started with them today, 8 reps each. I was tiring fast, looked at my sheets from last time, and saw I'd only done 6 reps each with the assist. I ended up doing one set of the band pulldowns and 11 sets with the assist. I was trying to do 8 reps, which I did, but i came off the bar a lot. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Start Time: 7:45 pm; Workout Time: 70 minutes; Calories Burned: 520; Avg Heart Rate: 110.


TUESDAY - MARCH 28, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Flash Card Plyo

Not too much to say. I got it done without much fanfare. On the Mountain Squats, I didn't go down onto my back. I simply went into a deep squat and palmed one hand in front of the opposite foot. Normally, I lie on my back and do bridge kicks. I might have been moving a bit better than usual today, but not by much. I was really losing my balance on the lunge moves.

Start Time: 7:45 pm; Workout Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 218; Avg Heart Rate: 97.


WEDNESDAY - MARCH 29, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Shoulders and Arms Recharge

I really didn't want to do this, but finally got it started. I was actually feeling Ok going into it. In the past I had struggled with both sets of Shoulder Presses with 25's, but there was no problem today. On the Bicep Curls I used a band instead of the usual 25 lb weights, so that might have kept me fresher. I upped my weights on the 21's from 15 to 20 lbs with no real problems. I do get a bit winded on this one because it goes so fast, but it is a good workout.

Start Time: 8:05 pm; Workout Time: 40 minutes; Calories Burned: 297; Avg Heart Rate: 108.


THURSDAY - MARCH 30, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Don't Skip Yoga

I wasn't fighting it today. I wasn't super relaxed, but I was letting it come to me. Again, I'm getting frustrated with all the vinyasas, but I took them in stride.

Start Time: 7:30 pm; Workout Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 423; Avg Heart Rate: 100.


FRIDAY - MARCH 31, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Primal Flow

Not my favorite. I got it done early because I wanted to watch Devon Levi's Sabres debut. The workout was lame. I just can't do a lot of the moves full out, so I'm not putting a big effort into it. It almost seems worthless, bit I am doing what I can.

Start Time: 5:50 pm; Workout Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 369; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


SATURDAY - APRIL 1, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Attack and Defend

I did OK, but I was off a bit.

Start Time: 6:00 pm; Workout Time: 49 minutes; Calories Burned: 283; Avg Heart Rate: 98.


SUNDAY - APRIL 2, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Power of Core

Business as usual on this one. I only did 10 reps on the two plank toe tap moves. The Side Plank Taps are tough for me because my feet keep slipping when I try to roll them from side to side. I'm much better on the moves where I'm on my back than those while I'm in plank. 

Start Time: 7:45pm;  Workout Time: 23 minutes; Calories Burned: 142 ; Avg Heart Rate: 105.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 161.8 (+1.0 lb)
Body Fat: 14.0% (+0.6%)

I'm going too fast in the wrong direction.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm getting the workouts in, as usual. I seem to be sore a lot, and am sometimes able to do more than the previous time, so that's encouraging.

No comments: