Monday, April 17, 2023

WEEK OF 04/17/2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - ROUND 4 - WEEK 10

MONDAY - APRIL 17, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Triple Trouble Challenge

My numbers were 32 pushups and 8 pullups with the pullup assist. All accomplished. The only time I came off the bar was during the last two sets of the Close Grip Pullups because my grip was slipping. That seemed to be an improvement. As I've been doing lately, I went at the same pace they did, doing my reps when Bobby and Scott were doing theirs. I never noticed the length of time between sets, but it seemed to work out fine. Before the workout I was trying to decide whether to do 8 with the assist, or 16 band pulldowns. Both seem to be effective, but I thought I needed to work on my hand strength, as that's one thing being affected by the condition I have.

Start Time: 7:45 pm; Workout Time: 70 minutes; Calories Burned: 467; Avg Heart Rate: 108. 


TUESDAY - APRIL 18, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Flash Card Plyo

I can't really jump anymore, so I'm never going to be really good at this workout. The best I can do is to try my best and keep a good attitude, and that's pretty much what I did today. It is what it is.

Start Time: 7:45 pm; Workout Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 178; Avg Heart Rate: 95.


WEDNESDAY - APRIL 19, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Shoulders and Arms Recharge

This one seems a bit different than most of the other strength workouts because the pace is so fast. There is very little time in between moves. I like that a bit. It makes the workout time shorter, but we're getting a lot done. I used my usual weights and the same reps, but it seems somewhat to get to those final reps. 

Start Time: 7:10 pm; Workout Time: 40 minutes; Calories Burned: 270; Avg Heart Rate: 112.


THURSDAY - APRIL 20, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Don't Skip Yoga

I did what I could. There is just a lot of things I can't do too much of anymore, and one of those is balance. It's especially notable on going from vinyasa to Warrior One, and there are a ton of those.

Start Time: 7:25 pm; Workout Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 414; Avg Heart Rate: 104.


FRIDAY - APRIL 21, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Primal Flow

I don't like this workout and just didn't want to do it. Once into it, however, I did my best. In the Bonus Round I actually did the Sprawls in the Fast Feet move, and I tried to jump a bit in the Squat Jumps. I've never attempted either before, but I was trying to stretch myself a bit.

Start Time: 8:45 pm; Workout Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 487; Avg Heart Rate: 117.


SATURDAY - APRIL 22, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - Attack and Defend

Not my best. My balance was bad and overall I was just off.

Start Time: 8:10 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 233; Avg Heart Rate: 99.


SUNDAY - APRIL 23, 2023 - THE POWER OF 4 - The Power of Core

I got this done in the morning. Usually I wait until the evening and have it hanging over my head all day. I really struggled with both of the plank reach back moves. Not sure it it was because I wasn't loosened up yet or not. In general I struggle with a lot of these moves anyways. Good to get it out of the way early.

Start Time: 10:15 am; Workout Time: 23 minutes; Calories Burned: 107; Avg Heart Rate: 94.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 160.2 (-1.0 lb)
Body Fat: 14.0% (no change)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I felt good about some of the workouts, especially Primal Flow. People that haven't seen me in a while are telling me I look good. I feel stronger and more toned, and maybe all of that is wanting me to work a bit harder, as I'm, and others, are noticing the results.

No comments: