Monday, June 26, 2023

WEEK OF 06/26/2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 6 - WEEK 3

MONDAY, JUNE 26, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - 30-15

I wasn't sure how I'd handle things, because the workout two weeks ago really had me sore. I did OK. 30 pushups per set and 6 pullups with the pullup assist on each set. I did 8 on three of those sets, just to increase my numbers a bit. I finished a bit ahead of them, so I did 60 extra pushups to finish things off. I feel good afterwards. I'm starting to get used to the new wrist heart rate monitor and how it relays my results to my phone, and I really like it.

Start Time: 6:45 pm; Workout time: 59 minutes; Calories Burned: 376; Avg Heart Rate: 111.


TUESDAY, JUNE 27, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Plyo Legs

This is the one that gets me the most sore. It certainly did two weeks ago. I still had to modify a lot, but I tried to go deeper on a few moves to make up for it.

Start Time: 7:10 pm; Workout time: 64 minutes; Calories Burned: 413; Avg Heart Rate: 106.


WEDNESDAY, JUNE 28, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Just Arms

Got this done as soon as I got home from work, so I could watch the NHL draft. I was able to increase my weight or reps from two week ago on a few of the moves. Felt good.

Start Time: 6:55 pm; Workout time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 371; Avg Heart Rate: 118.


THURSDAY, JUNE 29, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Fountain of Youth Yoga

Frustrating. I can't balance on one leg, and there are a lot of moves here, notably the vinyasas, that require that. I'm stumbling all over the place, and don't see any benefits right now. I tried different socks and footwear  today, and neither worked, so I went back to the neuropathy socks, which work the best. Yoga is supposed to be relaxing, and this is anything but relaxing right now. All I can do is keep trying and hope my body (legs and feet) will adjust somehow. 

Start Time: 8:40 pm; Workout time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 257; Avg Heart Rate: 99.


FRIDAY, JUNE 30, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Road Warrior

I played golf this morning and was really tired when I got home. I took several power naps and finally woke up enough to get this done relatively late. It's hard to judge this workout because it goes so fast and I'm constantly experimenting with the bands. I can't really get set to maximize each move. Overall, I think I did OK.

Start Time: 9:05 pm; Workout time: 54 minutes; Calories Burned: 316; Avg Heart Rate: 101.


SATURDAY, JULY 1, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Super Cardio

I did OK. I didn't dog it, but I could have pushed a bit harder.

Start Time: 8:30 pm; Workout time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 239; Avg Heart Rate: 95.


SUNDAY, JULY 2, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Killer Abs

I did the missing Cross Legged / Wide Legged Situps before the workout. The rest went OK. I can usually feel a burn about 4 moves into the workout. The Oblique V-ups went better than last time, but I'm still struggling mightily with the V-up/Roll ups. They're hurting my lower back because I have to get momentum to get up. I can't just pull myself up with my abs.

Start Time: 10:15 pm; Workout time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 114; Avg Heart Rate: 91.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 160.8 (+0.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 14.4% (+0.2%)

I need to eat better. Lower the body fat.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

A lot of tough workouts this week, and I did pretty well with them, probably better on some moves over Week 1. I certainly wasn't as sore as I was in Week 1.

No comments: