Monday, June 19, 2023

WEEK OF 06/19/2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 6 - WEEK 2

MONDAY - JUNE 19, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Recovery 4 Results

This is a good active recovery routine, sort of a light workout. I like it, and kind of needed it today. I got my new heart rate monitor delivered today. It's a Polar, but it's a wrist monitor as opposed to the straps I've always used. The calories and heart rate seemed to jive with what I've done in the past, and it synchs to your phone for keeping data. Pretty easy to set up. The display on the watch is large and colorful. So far, I like it.

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 296; Avg Heart Rate: 112.


TUESDAY - JUNE 20, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Bun Shaper

I like this one a bit. You feel like you accomplished something when you finish the 8 Card Pickup move, and you do it twice in this workout. The only move where I held onto a chair when Tony didn't was the Crossover Lunges. My balance is horrible, a lot worse than it was the last time I did this workout three years ago, so it felt encouraging to do many of the moves without holding on to anything. The only move where I cheated a bit was the Sit Downs. I brought out my workout bench for that move, but only really sat down once. I find it hurts my back if I reach up like he does. I just squatted low instead. It seemed to work.

Start Time: 7:55 pm; Workout Time: 49 minutes; Calories Burned: 379; Avg Heart Rate: 115.


WEDNESDAY - JUNE 21, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Diamond Delts

I used less weight than three years ago on several moves, but I still felt it and struggled a bit.

Start Time: 8:40 pm; Workout Time: 37 minutes; Calories Burned: 246; Avg Heart Rate: 110.


THURSDAY - JUNE 22, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Fountain of Youth Yoga

I got through it this time. I did all the moves. A lot weren't pretty, as I can't balance on one foot, making the vinyasa moves to the leg swing through, up into Warrior One very difficult. I did what I could.

Start Time: 7:05 pm; Workout Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 277; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


FRIDAY - JUNE 23, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Mammoth UML

I had a bit of a headache going into this, so I was procrastinating a bit, but I got it done. I had to modify a few moves because I can't jump, but I tried replacing them with similar moves, just a bit cut back

Start Time: 7:45 pm; Workout Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 291; Avg Heart Rate: 99.


SATURDAY - JUNE 24, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Medicine Ball Core Cardio

Poor effort. I was lethargic going into it. I started with an 8 lb medicine ball, then quickly changed to a 5 lb dumbbell after just a few moves, as my shoulders were burning when lifting it above my head. I had to modify a few moves, but those modifications should be OK moving forward.

Start Time: 7:00 pm; Workout Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 205; Avg Heart Rate: 96.


SUNDAY - JUNE 25, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Killer Abs

All went Ok, except for the V up Rollups and the left side Oblique Crunches. I struggled mightily with both.

Start Time: 8:35 pm; Workout Time: 24 minutes; Calories Burned: 107; Avg Heart Rate: 91.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 160.2 (+1.0 lbs)
Body Fat: 14.2% (+0.1%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

This week seemed a bit easier than last week, but was still tough. My weight is fluctuating around 160 each week, which is OK, but I think I need to get my Body Fat down a bit.

No comments: