Monday, August 14, 2023

WEEK OF 08/14/2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 6 - WEEK 10

MONDAY - AUGUST 14, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - UBX

This one is sneaky tough. I did pretty good. I modified a few things, like the Chatarockers. I couldn't really do too much with the Three Ball Burpees, as it's tough for me to get my foot back on the ball and balance again, once I've removed it. I certainly broke a good sweat.

Start Time: 7:50 pm; Workout Time: 60 minutes; Calories Burned: 391; Avg Heart Rate: 108.


TUESDAY - AUGUST 15, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Core Synergistics: MC2

Probably my least favorite workout of the One On Ones. Core Synergistics was also my least favorite P90X workout. I can't balance too much anymore, certainly not of one foot, so I had to modify a whole lot. Sometimes I did one-footed moves with both feet, like on the two burpee moves. I substituted the Dreya Rolls with a ball with V-Ups with a med ball. I felt I would getter better results doing something rather than doing zero reps on something that wasn't going to happen. I still don't like the workout, but maybe next time I'll look at it as more of a challenge by finding comparable things I can do, 

Start Time: 7:50 pm; Workout Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 341; Avg Heart Rate: 98.


WEDNESDAY - AUGUST 16, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - V Sculpt

I started very late. I used 25's on a lot of the bicep moves, but they were feeling really heavy. The pullup moves were all done with the pullup assist, usually getting in eight reps a set. Overall, it went OK. Certainly not a waste of time.

Start Time: 7:50 pm; Workout Time: 56 minutes; Calories Burned: 383; Avg Heart Rate: 110.


THURSDAY - AUGUST 17, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Yoga: MC2

I just took it one move at a time. I'm starting to realize that works better than watching the clock and dreading how much longer this is going to take. A couple move I can't do, so I don't, and I don't beat myself up over it. I do what I can. I also wasn't doing a lot of pushups in between upward dog and downward dog. I was much fresher because of that.

Start Time: 8:40 pm; Workout Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 413; Avg Heart Rate: 103.


FRIDAY - AUGUST 18, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - PAP

Bad day at golf. Very cold, and I was feeling the effects of it most of the day. I wasn't looking forward to the workout. I sat through the majority of his warmup moves, which took about 20 minutes. I realize it was part of the workout, and maybe ever harder than the actual workout, but I had a bad attitude about it. I just wanted to get to the actual PAP portion and get it done. I ended up modifying most of the moves because I physically can't do them as is anymore. I held onto a chair during the Forward to Back Lunges. I jumped from side to side on the Plyo jumps because I can't jump straight up anymore. I didn't raise my leg on the side planks. I did the Plyo Pushups on my knees. On the Four Ball Chaturanga holds, I only used two balls. I tried using four, but my feet kept sliding off the rear balls because I can't feel them. I just modified when I had to.

Start Time: 7:00 pm; Workout Time: 69 minutes; Calories Burned: 280; Avg Heart Rate: 92.


SATURDAY - AUGUST 19, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Stretch and Recovery

I wasn't really into it. There were a few stretches I didn't feel like doing for one reason or another, so I foam rolled my back (with the Rumble Roller) a bit instead of those moves. Overall it was OK.

Start Time: 4:55 pm; Workout Time: 69 minutes; Calories Burned: 339; Avg Heart Rate: 98.


SUNDAY - AUGUST 20, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ARX2

This went OK. I did 20 reps on each of the moves.

Start Time: 8:40 pm; Workout Time: 45 minutes; Calories Burned: 172; Avg Heart Rate: 90.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 158.2 (-2.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 13.6% (-0.5%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Some tough workouts, but I got through them.

No comments: