Monday, August 7, 2023

WEEK OF 08/07/2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 6 - WEEK 9

MONDAY - AUGUST 7, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Chest, Back, and Balls 

Starting month three and Volume 3. These workouts were the testing grounds for P90X2 and are all long and tough. I struggled a bit with the ball workouts in month two, but did a little better today, which was a bit encouraging. I was actually able to do a few plyo reps on the balls. Not as many as in the past, which was last in 2020, but more than last month. I used the pullup assist on the pullups.

Start Time: 6:55 pm; Workout Time: 60 minutes; Calories Burned: 427; Avg Heart Rate: 112.


TUESDAY - AUGUST 8, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Plyocide

I physically can't jump "up" anymore because of the nerve damage in my feet, so I thought this was going to be a worthless workout. However, that didn't turn out to be the case. There were plenty of moves where I couldn't get up, but I tried, sometimes just getting my heels barely off the floor. I modified when I could, or just changed the move. I did Heisman's instead of the one foot hop move. Overall, I was happy with what I did. I didn't just give up. I made it work. 

Start Time: 7:50 pm; Workout Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 412; Avg Heart Rate: 104.


WEDNESDAY - AUGUST 9, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Shoulders and Arms MC2

Nothing new here, but it can wear on you. I did what I thought I could do weight wise and did get through it OK. My weights were a bit less on some moves than 3 years ago, but i was still feeling a bit of pump at the end.

Start Time: 8:00 pm; Workout Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 412; Avg Heart Rate: 115.


THURSDAY - AUGUST 10, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Yoga: MC2

I was dreading this one. I remember I never liked it. It was always too confusing with no flow and seemed to go on forever. It wasn't as bad as I thought, but I still felt it had no flow, and it went on forever. He just kept adding stuff at the end just to add it. He kept saying "one more", then went on for 15 minutes after that. I tried to keep an open mind and take it move for moves, and that seemed to help. I modified a lot on things I can no longer do, but didn't feel bad about it. I just did what I could, which is all I can do.

Start Time: 8:05 pm; Workout Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 432; Avg Heart Rate: 105.


FRIDAY - AUGUST 11, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Base and Back

I did all pullups with the pullup assist and did 8 reps each time. I had to modify most of the plyo moves. On a lot of them I just tried to jump up, but only really got me heels off the floor.

Start Time: 8:45 pm; Workout Time: 51 minutes; Calories Burned: 267; Avg Heart Rate: 99.


SATURDAY - AUGUST 12, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Total Body X

Not real good. I wasn't in the mood, couldn't do many of the moves the way he was doing them, so I dogged it a bit, even doing a lot less reps than I had in the past.

Start Time: 8:30 pm; Workout Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 221; Avg Heart Rate: 98.


SUNDAY - AUGUST 13, 2023 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ARX2

I got through the moves. There are a few at the end that are kind of funky. I did what I could with them.

Start Time: 8:30 pm; Workout Time: 45 minutes; Calories Burned: 185; Avg Heart Rate: 93.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 160.4 (+3.4 lbs)
Body Fat: 14.1% (+0.7%)

This is approximately where I was two weeks ago. I was expecting to bounce back.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I was a bit nervous going into the week because I know Volume 3 is tough, and there are no easier workouts. I got through it OK, even with some modifications.

No comments: