Monday, December 13, 2010

ROUND 7 - Week 4

This is a Recovery Week

MONDAY - December 13, 2010 - Yoga X
==============================
Time: 1:36:45
Calories Burned: 693
Avg Heart Rate: 105
Max Heart Rate: 135

A good Yoga X workout. I was able to keep my concentration up for most of the moves and thought I held most of them OK. The exceptions were the Balance Postures, which were absolutely horrible. I was bouncing around on them so much it looked like a Plyo workout. Overall I was pleased, and I got another nice calorie burn.

I NEED TO EAT BETTER. NO MORE NIBBLING ON COOKIES AND CANDY AT WORK.

TUESDAY - December 14, 2010 - Core Synergistics
======================================
Time: 57:46
Calories Burned: 597
Avg Heart Rate: 125
Max Heart Rate: 157

This is probably my least favorite workout, and I found myself NOT "Bringing It" during the first third, as I just don't like a lot of the moves. It's tough for me to get excited about Bow to Boat or Low Lateral Skaters, so I just kind of went through the motions. However, I picked it up after that and improved my attitude. The calorie burn was OK, but not my best. I get another chance at it on Friday.

WEDNESDAY - December 15, 2010 - Cardio X (Modified)
==========================================
Modification: Skipped Yoga section. Did Kenpo, Plyo, Core sections, then repeated them.
Time: 58:23
Calories Burned: 618
Avg Heart Rate: 126
Max Heart Rate: 157

During a Classic P90X Recovery Week, this would be a Kenpo X day, but I always wanted to get Cardio X into the program somehow. It always bugged me that in the Classic Program, Cardio X was left out. The times I used Cardio X in between official rounds, I noticed I really didn't get my heart rate up until the Core section, and then the workout ended. Keeping this in mind, I came up with the above modification a few months ago, and it worked wonders. My heart rate is usually up 15 beats per minute on the second go-around, and it therefore ends up being a very good workout with a good calorie burn. Today was no exception, and I'm very happy with it.

THURSDAY - December 16, 2010 - X Stretch
==================================
Time: 57:46
Calories Burned: 201
Avg Heart Rate: 85
Max Heart Rate: 107

I always love it when X Stretch rolls around. As Tony says "It's just what the doctor ordered". I was a bit disappointed I had to come out of Camel a bit early, and I couldn't get flat on my back in Hero Pose, but otherwise things went well.

FRIDAY - December 17, 2010 - Core Synergistics
====================================
Time: 57:40
Calories Burned: 580
Avg Heart Rate: 123
Max Heart Rate: 160

I came in with a much better attitude towards this workout than I had on Tuesday. I can't believe I only burned 580 calories.

I also had my first sale today as a Beachbody Coach. Kind of exciting.

SATURDAY - December 18, 2010 - Yoga X
================================
Time: 1:36:48
Calories Burned: 699
Avg Heart Rate: 106
Max Heart Rate: 136

Not my best Yoga X workout. I had a bit of an upset stomach going in, but I stuck with it, did my best, and finished it up. Again, a great calorie burn. Of the five Yoga X workouts this round, only one has been below 693 calories burned. 600 used to be the norm. My average heart rate has been around 106 for this round, where it used to be around 99. I'm not sure why the difference, or even if it's good or bad to have a higher heart rate during a routine that's supposed to be relaxing, but is strenuous at the same time.

SUNDAY - December 19, 2010 - Weigh In & Rest
====================================
Weight: 181.1 Body Fat: 23.6%

A gain of .9 lbs and .2% body fat. For some reason, I'm not sweating the results. I didn't eat perfect this week, but I'm conscious of it.

No comments: