Monday, December 6, 2010

ROUND 7 - Week 3

This is a CLASSIC PHASE 1 WEEK

MONDAY - December 6, 2010 - Chest and Back
===================================
Time: 56:14
Calories Burned: 589
Avg Heart Rate: 126
Max Heart Rate: 158
Total Pushups: 206
Total Pullups: 27

An increase of 14 pushups from two weeks ago, which I'm happy with, and an increase of 3 pullups from two weeks ago, which I'm not (still pathetic on the pullups). I was strong on the pushups in the early going, but leveled off later on. One thing that may have contributed to that leveling off is that I cut my "pause" time for the workout down from 10 minutes to only 4 minutes. Usually I'm taking all kinds of breaks with this workout, but I felt good today. As I've mentioned numerous times before, this workout is my nemises, but ironically I feel better after this workout than any other. Go figure.

TUESDAY - December 7, 2010 - Plyometrics
=================================
Time: 58:48
Calories Burned: 654
Avg Heart Rate: 130
Max Heart Rate: 157

A good workout. My heart rate was up early and in the 150's for most of the 5th set.

WEDNESDAY - December 8, 2010 - Shoulders and Arms
=========================================
Time: 1:06:12
Calories Burned: 642
Avg Heart Rate: 121
Max Heart Rate: 155

I took a few more pauses and made a few adjustments up and down on some weight, but otherwise it was pretty much a repeat of Shoulders and Arms from two weeks ago. I'm pleased overall, but may want to increase the weight in the future to keep growing. I'm just not sure where. I tweaked a muscle near my left shoulder blade, so maybe I shouldn't try to be a hero just yet.

I tried Shakeology (Chocolate) for the first time today. It was better than expected, and I'm going to give it a fair shot to see if it really makes a difference.

THURSDAY - December 9, 2010 - Yoga X
===============================
Time: 1:38:06
Calories Burned: 719
Avg Heart Rate: 106
Max Heart Rate: 138

I thought I did great on most of the moves, and I got a great calorie burn, but my mind was wandering throughout the whole workout. I'm not sure if that's success or not.

FRIDAY - December 10, 2010 - Legs and Back
==================================
Time: 59:13
Calories Burned: 560
Avg Heart Rate: 119
Max Heart Rate: 162
Pullups: 60

Not a great workout. My pullups were 8 more than last time, but they're still not there. On the first set of Reverse Grip Chinups I convinced myself I couldn't do them, and only did 8. I've done many more than that in the past. To my credit, I came back with 10 on the repeat. Still not good, but at least it's a positive. The leg exercises were OK, but my balance was really bad on some of them, such as the Super Skaters and Deadlift Squats.

SATURDAY - December 11, 2010 - Kenpo X
=================================
Time: 59:14
Calories Burned: 521
Avg Heart Rate: 116
Max Heart Rate: 142

My mind was wandering through the warmup, but once I started going, I thought it went well.

SUNDAY - December 12, 2010 - Weigh In and Ab Ripper X
===========================================
Weight: 180.2 lbs Body Fat: 23.4%

A drop of 1.6 lbs and .5% body fat. A small step in the right direction. I'm going to be using the Shakeology this week, and hope I'll see a difference.

Ab Ripper X
Time: 19:06
Calories Burned: 142
Avg Heart Rate: 107
Max Heart Rate: 144
Total Moves: 383

For some reason my legs were burning more than usual on the first four moves, but everything else went OK. 68 Mason Twists.

No comments: