Monday, January 24, 2011

ROUND 7 - WEEK 10

This is a Plus Week

MONDAY - January 24, 2011 - Upper Plus
===============================
Time: 54:49
Calories Burned: 633
Avg Heart Rate: 132
Max Heart Rate: 162

I had Jury Duty today and was exhausted when I got home. I hadn't had a lot to eat during the day, I really wasn't in the mood to workout, but did my best. I got all the moves in, with mostly the same reps and weight as last time, but I did have a lot of "pause" time. Still, my arms felt like jello when I was done, and I think it was a successful workout.

TUESDAY - January 25, 2011 - Interval X Plus
==================================
Time: 44:16
Calories Burned: 464
Avg Heart Rate: 126
Max Heart Rate: 155

During the first part of the workout, I was still a bit sluggish from the 2 hour and 15 minute "nap" I took when I got home. After the first few moves I was OK and finished pretty well. Not my best Interval X workout, but probably not my worst either.

WEDNESDAY - January 26, 2011 - Total Body Plus
=====================================
Time: 55:32
Calories Burned: 596
Avg Heart Rate: 127
Max Heart Rate: 154

No nap today. I got home, and pretty much got right into it. I found I had much more energy than usual, so maybe this is something I'll have to keep doing. The workout went OK. I'm still taking a lot of breaks with this workout, about 10 minutes in "pause" time today, but I'm also not taking any of the exercises off. I'm doing the best I can. The third move, Dead Lift Curl Press, is the one that starts to wear me out. I'm using 30 lb weights, which doesn't seem like a whole lot, but it tires you real quick.

THURSDAY - January 27, 2011 - Yoga X
==============================
Time: 1:35:49
Calories Burned: 570
Avg Heart Rate: 99
Max Heart Rate: 128

No nap again today, and I felt good during the entire workout. My mind wandered a bit here and there, but I was relaxed throughout. My balance was really off on my Half Moons and my left leg Balance Postures. My right leg balance postures were almost perfect. I even held Crane for a long time.

I've been eating a lot better lately. I haven't touched any sweets since last Wednesday. Today, someone brought some chocolate cake into the office. Normally, I'd have dived in, but not today.

FRIDAY - January 28, 2011 - Upper Plus
==============================
Time: 50:30
Calories Burned: 493
Avg Heart Rate: 121
Max Heart Rate: 159

I took a lot less breaks than usual on this routine, and didn't take any during the first half. I did a few more reps on a few of the moves, and equaled what I'd done before on all the others. Overall, I felt good with the workout.

SATURDAY - January 29, 2011 - Kenpo Cardio Plus
======================================
Time: 41:40
Calories Burned: 375
Avg Heart Rate: 116
Max Heart Rate: 147

My favorite workout, but not a great job today. I was sluggish all the way through. However, 375 calories burned is riduculously low. My calorie burns the last three days have all been real low, so I'm not sure if something is going on with my heart rate monitor or not. Today was a bad workout, but not that bad, and the previous two days were average to above average. I'll keep an eye on it.

SUNDAY - Jamuary 30, 2011 - Weigh In and Abs/Core Plus
============================================
WEIGH IN
Weight: 179.5 Body Fat: 23.2%

An increase of .8 lbs and .2% body fat. A huge surprise and disappointment. I thought I ate great this week. No sweets except for 3 very small Pumpkin Drop cookies someone had made for me. I also feel better and tighter, which is what I guess really counts. I think I might have to really start looking at what else I'm eating in the non-sweets category. I had a small can of Bush's Beans with my chicken the other day. I throw some store brand peanut butter into my Shakeology and Oatmeal. I eat about 5 Clif Protein Bars during the week. Maybe these things add up, or maybe it's just something else that affected todays weigh in. Who knows?

ABS/CORE PLUS
Time: 25:25
Calories Burned: 245
Avg Heart Rate: 120
Max Heart Rate: 146

Nothing exciting to say. I took a few small breaks here and there to write things down, but otherwise got through it OK.

No comments: