Monday, January 17, 2011

ROUND 7 - WEEK 9

This is a Classic Phase 1 Week

MONDAY - January 17, 2011 - Chest and Back
==================================
Time: 57:39
Calories Burned: 595
Avg Heart Rate: 125
Max Heart Rate: 168
Total Pushups: 210
Total Pullups: 26

An increase of 4 pushups from last time. An increase on the Standard, Military, Wide, and Diamonds, and a decrease on the Declines and the Dive Bombers. I was just out of gas by the time I got to them. Also, one less pullup than last time. I only did one Wide Front Pullup on the second time through. Still disappointing on the pullups, but I did my best.

TUESDAY - January 18, 2011 - Plyometrics
================================
Time: 58:39
Calories Burned: 622
Avg Heart Rate: 126
Max Heart Rate: 155

My left knee is still very sore from doing Plyo two weeks ago. I actually think it may be damaged, not just sore. The entire day I was planning on doing my Modified Cardio X workout instead, because I didn't want to further damage the knee. While taking a small rest before my workout, I was debating whether I could get through Plyo, but as I started to put on my sweats, my knee twinged a bit, so I decided on Cardio X. Then I saw my old elastic knee brace I'd been thinking of using, tried it on, liked the way it felt, and did Plyo after all. The brace seemed to hold up well. I held back a little during the workout because I was still a bit nervous about the knee, but I got through it. I'm typing this a few hours after the workout, and the knee is about as sore as it was before the workout. I'll know more in the next few days. I'm hoping it's a temporary solution until the knee heals itself, or I decide Plyo is too big of a risk. I'd hate to get to that point.

WEDNESDAY - January 19, 2011 - Shoulders and Arms
=========================================
Time: 1:03:35
Calories Burned: 641
Avg Heart Rate: 120
Max Heart Rate: 157

This was pretty much a repeat of what I did the first two times this round. I did a few less Deep Swimmers Presses on the second go around, but did a few more Chair Dips and Side-Tri-Rises than I did before. Everything else was the same as last time, including the weights. I'm doing 12 reps on a lot of the moves, so maybe it's time to bump up the weight to where I can only do 8 reps.

THURSDAY - January 20, 2011 - Yoga X
==============================
Time: 1:35:29
Calories Burned: 547
Avg Heart Rate: 97
Max Heart Rate: 127

Just an absolutely horrible workout. I thought I'd try turning out the lights and just using the light of the TV to do the workout, just as a change of pace and atmosphere. It wasn't working. It was hard to keep my focus, literally, because I couldn't focus on spots on the wall, etc. This caused my balance to stink, and I was falling out of my poses. After the Chair Salutation move, I went to turn the lights on and the lightbulb blew out, so I had to finish up in the dark. Not a good sign. The second half was a bit better, but by then I was so not into it that my mind wandered throughout. My calorie burn was also near the lowest it's ever been for Yoga X, probably because I wasn't holding my poses as well as I should have. Bad workout. Move on.

FRIDAY - January 21, 2011 - Legs and Back
================================
Time: 59:06
Calories Burned: 572
Avg Heart Rate: 121
Max Heart Rate: 158
Total Pullups: 71

Another bad workout. I'm just tired overall, some physical, but mostly mentally. I was just going through the motions on a lot of the moves. My balance was poor today and it was frustrating me a lot. Instead of fighting to concentrate and correct it, I just let it get the best of me. I did increase my pullups, which is good. However, I felt I could have done more.

SATURDAY - January 22, 2011 - Kenpo X
===============================
Time: 58:54
Calories Burned: 560
Avg Heart Rate: 120
Max Heart Rate: 148

After poor workouts the last two days, I really wanted to put in a good effort on this one, and I did. I concentrated on what I was doing and worked up a pretty good sweat. I'm happy with it.

SUNDAY - January 23, 2011 - Weigh-In and Ab Ripper X
==========================================
Weight: 178.7 Body Fat: 23.0%

A drop of 1.8 lbs and .4% Body Fat. I ate like garbage the first half of the week. I had a gift basket at work filled with sweets that someone had given to me for Christmas. I was holding out on opening it, but caved in on Monday and gorged myself on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. As I was leaving on Wednesday, I was pissed off at myself, decided enough was enough, and gave away the remainder of it. The only sugar I had the rest of the week was a few handfuls of Total cereal. I'm not even craving sweets right now, and have no desire to eat any. In fact, the thought of them just turns me off right now.

AB RIPPER X
Time: 18:48
Calories Burned: 121
Avg Heart Rate: 101
Max Heart Rate: 142
Total Moves: 398

Took my time. Did 84 Mason Twists.

No comments: