Monday, January 3, 2011

ROUND 7 - WEEK 7

This is a Classic Phase 2 Week

MONDAY - January 3, 2011 - Chest, Shoulders and Triceps
===========================================
Time: 58:48
Calories Burned: 556
Avg Heart Rate: 120
Max Heart Rate: 158

I got started a bit later than usual, but still got in a good workout. I increased the weight on most of the tricep moves. I had no problem using 20 lbs, but I could feel it when I went to 25 lbs, and had to decrease my reps in some cases. I was consistent to where I was last time on the pushup moves. No increase from last time, but no decrease either. And I felt them. The Two Twitch-Speed ones really get me, but I did the entire 25. As I mentioned last time, I still need to get off my knees on the Clap Pushups. I think it's more a coordination and trust issue with those things than a lack of strength.

TUESDAY - January 4, 2010 - Plyometrics
===============================
Time: 58:48
Calories Burned: 668
Avg Heart Rate: 131
Max Heart Rate: 158

I took a longer than usual nap when I got home from work, and was a bit sluggish at the beginning of the workout. I noticed my heart rate wasn't up as high as last time, but I did get a good calorie burn.

WEDNESDAY - January 5, 2010 - Back and Biceps
=====================================
Time: 1:05:16
Calories Burned: 650
Avg Heart Rate: 123
Max Heart Rate: 196

I took a lot of breaks to let my arms calm down, but I concentrated on increasing the weight about 5 lbs on a lot of the exercises. On many of the back moves I went from 40 to 45 lbs with no problems. On some of the arm exercises I went from 30 to 35 lbs and struggled to keep my reps up, but it'll pay off in the long run. I tried starting the Strip Set with 40 lbs, but could only do 4, so I started over again with 35's. I think if I wasn't so tired, 40's might have been possible. Overall, I'm very happy with the way the workout went.

THURSDAY - January 6, 2011 - Yoga X
=============================
Time: 1:35:43
Calories Burned: 607
Avg Heart Rate: 100
Max Heart Rate: 130

My average heart rate was the lowest this round for Yoga X, and the calorie burn was about 100 less than usual. I'm not sure why, but I did think it was a good workout anyways. My mind wasn't really wandering, and I was relatively calm throughout. Maybe that's the reason for the lower heart rate.

FRIDAY - January 7, 2011 - Legs and Back
===============================
Time: 59:11
Calories Burned: 588
Avg Heart Rate: 122
Max Heart Rate: 161

I'm getting into a bad pattern of coming home and taking a nap before I workout. And lately they've been 40 minute naps. This is not refreshing me, but instead making me feel sluggish before I even start. I know the root cause is a lack of sleep, and I really need to change that. When I woke up I was thinking there's no way I can get through this workout. I just couldn't see it happening, even though I knew I'd do it because I never miss workouts. Once I got myself moving, however, things went OK, and it ended up being a good workout. I increased my pullups to 67, which is still short of where I finished my last round (78 pullups), but a lot more than the first Legs and Back of this round where I only did 51. So, I'm encouraged. My balance is still bad on a lot of the leg moves because of my bad ankles. I'm not sure I'll ever have great balance, but I'll still work on it. Never admit defeat.

SATURDAY - January 8, 2011 - Kenpo X
==============================
Time: 59:02
Calories Burned: 517
Avg Heart Rate: 115
Max Heart Rate: 142

An average Kenpo workout. I wasn't really lethargic, but I wasn't "bringing it" for some reason, and the low calorie burn showed that. Just one of those days.

SUNDAY - January 9, 2011 - Weigh-In and Ab Ripper X
=========================================
WEIGH IN
Weight: 180.9 Body Fat: 23.4%

No change from last week on either figure. I was eating great during the first part of the week, but no so good during the last half. Mostly the sweets thing. Some cookies here and there, and some low-cal ice cream.

AB RIPPER X
Time: 18:21
Calories Burned: 131
Avg Heart Rate: 105
Max Heart Rate: 144

I found myself taking a little more time on the moves, instead of rushing through them. It seemed to make the workout flow easier, but I still felt it.

No comments: