Monday, January 10, 2011

ROUND 7 - WEEK 8

This is a Recovery Week

MONDAY - January 10, 2011 - Yoga X
=============================
Time: 1:35:37
Calories Burned: 692
Avg Heart Rate: 106
Max Heart Rate: 141

I banged my small toes (badly) of my left foot last night, walking around in the dark, so I was a bit concerned about holding some of the poses and doing the "dogs", but it wasn't a real problem there. I worked around it when necessary. However, I couldn't hold any of my balance postures on the left leg because I couldn't put any pressure on them. Yes, that's an excuse. I can't hold balance postures on my left leg with a good foot, so who am I kidding. I was OK on the right leg. My mind wandered a bit during the last part of the vinyasa half, and throughout much of the second half, but otherwise things went OK. For some reason, I was struggling during Yoga Belly 7. Not sure why. My calorie burn was back up near the 700 level.

TUESDAY - January 11, 2011 - Core Synergistics
====================================
Time: 57:35
Calories Burned: 605
Avg Heart Rate: 126
Max Heart Rate: 161

An OK workout. I found myself behind on the reps a few times which usually doesn't happen, but I finished them all. It just left a little less break time in between exercises.

WEDNESDAY - January 12, 2011 - Cardio X (Modified)
========================================
Modification: Skipped Yoga section. Did Kenpo, Plyo, Core sections, then repeated them.
Time: 57:59
Calories Burned: 579
Avg Heart Rate: 123
Max Heart Rate: 153

Not a great workout. For some reason, I was very uncoordinated during the first go-around on Kenpo. The second time was a bit better. I was also taking it a bit easy because of my sore left foot and knee. I'm feeling like a wounded warrior. But I did do 32 Dreya Rolls, 16 on each set, so that should count for something.

THURSDAY - January 13, 2011 - X Stretch
================================
My body has been feeling a bit beat up and stiff lately, so X Stretch was a welcome workout. I was a bit more flexible than last month, but not as much as a few months ago. I was able to go all the way onto my back in Back Hero pose, but I couldn't hold it the entire time and had to come out early.

FRIDAY - January 14, 2011 - Core Synergistics
===================================
Time: 57:44
Calories Burned: 586
Avg Heart Rate: 124
Max Heart Rate: 158

I pretty much dove into the workout once I got home because I didn't want to be sitting around dreading doing it. It was a good decision. I felt good throughout. No breakthroughs or anything, just a good, solid workout.

SATURDAY - January 15, 2011 - Yoga X
==============================
Time: 1:35:43
Calories Burned: 676
Avg Heart Rate: 104
Max Heart Rate: 134

For some reason, I was getting more tired than usual in the first half, especially on the pushups into the downward dogs. I'm not sure why, but I fought through it. My Warrior 3 / Half Moons were pretty good. I think I only tapped the floor once. The second half went fine. My balance postures were better than they have been lately, and I really felt good afterwards. Overall, a very successful workout.

SUNDAY - January 16, 2011 - Weigh In and Rest
====================================
Weight: 180.5 Body Fat: 23.4%

A drop of .4 lbs and no change in Body Fat%. I'm a little disappointed. I tried to eat well this week. The only sweets I had was a small piece of carrot cake at the office on Tuesday. Sweets are my weakness and I avoided all other temptations during the week, just to see what would happen. I guess I need to look at what else I'm eating also. Maybe adding a spoonful of peanut butter to my oatmeal isn't such a great idea. Maybe the chicken tacos I'm eating at work have something in there that isn't helping. I did check the Weight Control Oatmeal packets I'm eating, and I noticed the sodium content is high, whereas the straight oatmeal has none. Regardless, something isn't working.

No comments: