Monday, December 10, 2012

P90X - ROUND 9 - WEEK 5 - Week of 12/10/2012

MONDAY - DECEMBER 10, 2012 - Chest, Shoulders and Triceps

One of my favrorite workouts. I was exhausted when I got home, took a small nap, and was really sluggish going into the workout. I didn't know how I was going to get through it. However, once I got started, everything went well, and I was really energized by the time I was through. I'd last done this routine in October 2011. My pushup count was down slightly from back then, and I noticed back then I'd used 25 lbs on most of the overhead tricep moves (today I used 20's), but otherwise I was matching my numbers. I also didn't take any breaks today, where in the past, I know I'd taken several throughout the workout. I'm happy with the results.

Calories Burned: 529; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 166.


TUESDAY - DECEMBER 11, 2012 - Plyometrics

Nothing out of the ordinary with today's Plyo session. It went well. I'm still feeling good from yesterday's CS&T workout.

Calories Burned: 639; Avg Heart Rate: 130; Max Heart Rate: 157.


WEDNESDAY - DECEMBER 12, 2012 - Back and Biceps

In the past, I've always taken breaks in many of the workouts, especially this one. I stopped taking breaks during my second phase of P90X2 in February, and this continued though Insanity, Asylum, my Cardio routines, and this round of P90X. I did it again today, but it may have been a mistake. I found myself picking up lighter weights and doing less pullups because I was so exhausted. This may be the one routine in the future where I pause for a minute or so between sets, enabling me to do more. Otherwise, it was a good workout.

Calories Burned: 562; Avh Heart Rate: 129; Max Heart Rate: 163.


THURSDAY - DECEMBER 13, 2012 - Yoga X

I got home late from work, then had a few things to do, so I got started real late. I still had a few things on my mind, so total concentration on the workout wasn't there, but I did get it in, and was happy I did.

Calories Burned: 696; Avg Heart Rate: 109; Max Heart Rate: 208.


FRIDAY - DECEMBER 14, 2012 - Legs and Back

I felt better with the pullups today. I got in 55, which is nowhere near where I want to be, but it is an improvement over the last few times.

Calories Burned: 551; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 151.


SATURDAY - DECEMBER 15, 2012 - Kenpo X

Although the calorie count and heart rate numbers might not say so, I'd say this was an average to above average Kenpo workout. Not much else to report.

Calories Burned: 496; Avg Heart Rate: 114; Max Heart Rate: 148.


SUNDAY - DECEMBER 16, 2012 - Ab Ripper X and Weigh In

Ab Ripper X

I did the workout again without the DVD at my own pace. Took just under 20 minutes. Did OK overall. 64 Mason Twists without touching.

Calories Burned: 138; Avg Heart Rate: 104; Max Heart Rate: 145

Weigh -In

Weight: 176.4; Body Fat: 22.4%

An increase of 1 lb and .1% body fat. Wrong direction. I had a real bad day eating on Friday.


No comments: