Tuesday, December 25, 2012

P90X - ROUND 9 - WEEK 7 - Week of 12/24/2012

MONDAY - DECEMBER 24, 2012 - Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps

A half day at work today, so I got my workout in early. I think it went well. I tried to beat some of my previous numbers, whether it be more reps, or heavier weights. Sometimes I was successful, others not, but I did my best, and left it on the floor.

Calories Burned: 578; Avg Heart Rate: 126; Max Heart Rate: 162.


TUESDAY - DECEMBER 25, 2012 - Plyometrics

It's always tough to workout on Christmas, but I don't miss days, so I got it in. My stomach felt like it had a rock in it after eating, so I took it easy, especially at first. However, I finished strong.

Calories Burned: 656; Avg Heart Rate: 131; Max Heart Rate: 169.


WEDNESDAY - DECEMBER 26, 2012 - Back and Biceps

Day 45. Halfway through. I was drained when I got home from work. I took a nap and felt really, really sluggish when I woke up. I was actually considering trying the workout with bands (which I've never done), because I didn't think I could lift a weight. I quickly put that idea to rest and figured I'd do the best I could, maybe even lowering the weights a bit, and possibly doing more reps. Instead,I ended up using more weight on a few of the moves. I used 40s on the Standing Bicep Curls (8 reps). I went from 25s to 30s on the Open arms Curls and In and Out Hammer Curls, but my reps went way down. I'll have to play with those in the future. I started with 35s on the Strip Set Curls as usual. I'd like to try starting with 40s at some point.

Calories Burned: 527; Avg Heart Rate: 127; Max Heat Rate: 159.


THURSDAY - DECEMBER 27, 2012 - Yoga X

I was a little more relaxed than usual today, so the workout went good. I even held some of my left leg balance postures for a while.

Calories Burned: 625; Avg Heart Rate: 104; Max Heart Rate: 132.


FRIDAY - DECEMBER 28, 2012 - Legs and Back

My balance was horrible on some of the leg exercises. I'm not sure I'll ever have good balance with my bad ankles, feet, and kness, but I'll do the best I can. I did 67 pullups, which is 5 more than last week, so that's encouraging.

Calories Burned: 543; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 158.


SATURDAY - DECEMBER 29, 2012 - Kenpo X

I had a lot of energy during this workout today, and had one of my better Kenpo X days. All my punches and kicks were a lot crisper than usual.

Calories Burned:530; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Max Heart Rate: 146.


SUNDAY - DECEMBER 30, 2012 - Ab Ripper X and Weigh-In

Ab Ripper X - I did it at my own pace without using the DVD. It took me 23 minutes, but I did more reps on a few of the moves, including 72 Mason Twists.

Calories Burned: 152; Avg Heart Rate: 103; Max Heart Rate: 154.


Weigh-In - Weight: 178.0; Body Fat: 22.8%

An increase of 3.5 lbs and .4% body fat. Too many Christmas Cookies. No excuses. I'm disciplined in so many areas of my life, but I just can't get the eating under control. But I will.




No comments: