Monday, December 17, 2012

P90X - ROUND 9 - WEEK 6 - Week of 12/17/2012

MONDAY - DECEMBER 17, 2012 - Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps

Not enough sleep last night and a long day at work. I was exhausted when I got home, so I took a nap. For once I woke up energiized and refreshed, not sluggish. The workout went well. I pretty much matched my numbers from last week, especially on the pushups. I noticed my heart rate doesn't get up until the second half of the workout and I usually don't get a great calorie burn.

Calories Burned: 509; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 164.


TUESDAY - DECEMBER 18, 2012 - Plyometrics

I had a hot chocolate and 2 Diet Pepsi's at work today. A lot on my mind, and a bit stressed out, and all that caffeine, which I don't handle well, made for a rough time in getting myself in the frame of mind to do my workout. However, I just pushed Play, as I always do. Not a great workout, but not bad considering my frame of mind.

Calories Burned: 623: Avg Heart Rate: 128; Max Heart Rate: 154.


WEDNESDAY - DECEMBER 19, 2012 - Back and Biceps

Office Christmas dinner tonight where I didn't eat great. I did the workout when I got home. Again, I wasn't sure how I could get through it, but I did. Again, no breaks. I matched the weights from last week, and even increased it on a few. I did more reps than last week on a few others. The only time I lowered the weight was on the Congdon Locomotives, because my form was really bad last week.

Calories Burned: 574; Avg Heart Rate: 130; Max Heart Rate: 198.



THURSDAY - DECEMBER 20, 2012 - Yoga X

Another late start, but I got it in. I was a little more relaxed than on some previuos Yoga workouts. I felt good when done.

Calories Burned: 646; Avg Heart Rate: 105; Max Heart Rate: 135.


FRIDAY - DECEMBER 21, 2012 - Legs and Back

I felt strong going into the workout today. I did 62 pullups. It's still about half of what I want to be doing, but it's a big increase over the 38 I did in week 1 of this round.

Calories Burned: 553; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 157.


SATURDAY - DECEMBER 22, 2012 - Kenpo X

An average Kenpo workout. Not much to say. I'm still not eating well. I'm usually disciplined on a lot of things when I want to be, but the nutrition thing is kicking my butt. I think it's because I don't like to prepare meals and instead reach for something that's pre-packaged, and usually pre-packaged stuff isn't nutritionally good. Maybe I just need to set aside time for the food preparation, just as I set aside time for my workouts.

Calories Burned: 476; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 141.


SUNDAY - DECEMBER 23. 2012 - Ab Ripper X and Weigh-In

Ab Ripper X

I did OK, but came down after 52 Mason Twists.

Calories Burned: 109; Avg Heart Rate: 104; Max Heart Rate: 146


Weigh-In

Weight: 174.5; Body Fat: 22.0%

A drop of 1.9 lbs and .4% body fat. A total shock, but I'll take it. I'm not kidding myself here. I ate like crap this week. I don't know what happened to cause the reduction, but I'm not going to tempt fate again.




No comments: