Monday, September 23, 2013

LES MILLS PUMP / COMBAT HYBRID - WEEK 10 - Week of 9/23/2013

MONDAY - SEPTEMBER 23, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Pump and Shred

A good workout today. I got tired a few times during the Lunge section, but toughed it out. Same weights as usual (30 lbs on each side for most sections). I'm still toast during the Shoulder section, but overall I felt good. I'm trying to make a concentrated effort to eat clean this week. I had a tuna sub for lunch today against my better judgment, but didn't have time to come with an alternative. I need to find some, especially while at work.

Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 497; Avg Heart Rate: 128; Max Heart Rate: 217.


TUESDAY - SEPTEMBER 24, 2013 - LES MILLS COMBAT - Combat 45: Power Kata

All the Combat workouts are still a bit frustrating for me because I'm still not used to the moves and sequences, but I did a bit better on this one today, and actually enjoyed most of it. I'm still concentrating on trying to eat well.

Time: 43 minutes: Calories Burned: 364; Avg Heart Rate: 112; Max Heart Rate: 135.


WEDNESDAY - SEPTEMBER 25, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Pump Revolution

I did good. Same weights as usual. Maybe during the last week I might try upping them a bit, but I honestly feel if I add much more, I might hurt myself. Once again, the Shoulder just killed me, and I missed a bunch of reps. Too long of a section. I don't know how they all get through it on the video. Kudos to them. This is the most calories (641) I've burned in this entire program.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 641; Avg Heart Rate: 131; Max Heart Rate: 217.


THURSDAY - SEPTEMBER 26, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Flow

Not much to say. I enjoy this short, relaxing workout. I still have problems doing torso twists, but all else went well.

Time: 21 minutes; Calories Burned: 95; Avg Heart Rate: 91; Max Heart Rate: 111.


FRIDAY - SEPTEMBER 27, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Pump Extreme

Similar to the Pump Revolution workout of Wednesday, but I didn't burn nearly as many calories for some reason. The only weight difference I had was that I used 10 lb weights on the Bicep section where I used 15's on Wednesday. I still felt good when I was done, though not as good as Wednesday. I don't know what the overall difference was.

Time: 61 minutes; Calories Burned: 546; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 214.


SATURDAY - SEPTEMBER 28, 2013 - LES MILLS COMBAT - Combat 60 Live: Ultimate Warrior's Workout

I really enjoyed this workout today. I've been eating better lately, so I wasn't feeling real sluggish going into it. For the most part I kept up with the sequences, allowing me to put more into it. I feel really happy about it.

Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 448; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 212.


SUNDAY - SEPTEMBER 29, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Les Mills Core

I did OK on this one. There was a few reps on the Cross Crawls that were tough but other than that it went well. I can certainly feel my abs working when I do this one.

Time: 12 minutes; Calories Burned: 63; Avg Heart Rate: 94; Max Heart Rate: 114.


SUNDAY WEIGH-IN
Weight: 189.8 (-3.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 20.5% (-0.6%)

Both are great numbers.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The workouts went well in general, but the big thing was I concentrated on eating better this week. I had a few pieces of a co-worker's birthday cake on Tuesday, but didn't eat any of the leftover on Wednesday like I normally would have, I also passed on the pastries and donuts that were brought into the office. The only sweets I had after Tuesday was a Baby Ruth bar on the golf course Friday. I feel good, and I feel toned, especially around my mid-section. My attitude is also a little better because I'm not beating myself up over eating like crap. I want to keep this up to see what kind of results I can really achieve. I'm looking forward to doing P90X3 when it comes out.

No comments: