Monday, September 30, 2013

LES MILLS PUMP / COMBAT HYBRID - WEEK 11 - Week of 9/30/2013

MONDAY - SEPTEMBER 30, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Pump and Burn

I was looking forward to this one a bit because it's relatively short. I also realized today there was no Lunge section in this workout, which is fine by me. I used the same weights I've been using lately. No problems.

Time: 35 minutes; Calories Burned: 254; Avg Heart Rate: 108; Max Heart Rate: 219.


TUESDAY - OCTOBER 1, 2013 - LES MILLS COMBAT - Combat 30: Kick Start

This went OK. It was a basic routine.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 238; Avg Heart Rate: 109; Max Heart Rate: 132.


WEDNESDAY - OCTOBER 2, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Pump Revolution

This was a good workout. I like the shorter workouts, but when I do the ones that are closer to an hour, I feel much more fulfilled. Same weights as usual. I got through the almost all the sections with no breaks (including Chest), except for the Shoulder section (once again).

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 614; Avg Heart Rate: 128; Max Heart Rate: 207.


THURSDAY - OCTOBER 3, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Flow

Not as relaxed as usual. Didn't eat bad today, but I did have a piece of chocolate birthday cake someone brought into the office. I haven't been eating that stuff for the last week or so, so it made me a bit jumpy. I'm looking at that as a warning, which is a good thing.

Time: 20 minutes; Calories Burned: 82; Avg Heart Rate: 88; Max Heart Rate: 106.


FRIDAY - OCTOBER 4, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Pump Extreme

I worked up a good sweat on this one. It was literally dripping off my arms halfway through the workout. Most of the workout went well, but in the Lunge section I thought I was going to throw up. The Shoulder section was next. I missed the first 10% of it recovering from the lunges and changing weights, then missed a lot of reps because I was so exhausted. I guess this leaves room for improvement. I used the same weights I had been (30's on each side for the heavy exercises), but I noticed my body isn't getting sore. I only have one more week of these routines, so I'm debating whether or not to go to 35's on each side. I don't want to hurt myself with bad form.

Time: 60 minutes; Calories Burned: 598; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 209.


SATURDAY - OCTOBER 5, 2013 - LES MILLS COMBAT - Combat 60: Extreme Cardio Fighter

I didn't remember too much about this workout, so I went over my entry from the last time I did it in Week 8. I had said that I was frustrated with the workout because they kept jumping into new moves and combination with no preparation. I felt the same way today. Very frustrated. I constantly had to stop to see which foot was forward, what they were doing with their hands, etc. As a result I didn't put forth my best effort. Bad reason, but that's what happened.

Time: 54 minutes; Calories Burned: 369; Avg Heart Rate: 103; Max Heart Rate: 138.


SUNDAY - OCTOBER 6, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Hard Core Abs

The workout went OK. Not much else to say other than I worked up a good sweat in only 15 minutes.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 92; Avg Heart Rate: 99; Max Heart Rate: 127.


SUNDAY WEIGH-IN
Weight: 192.6 (+2.8 lbs)
Body Fat: 20.8% (+0.3%)

Not good. I tried to follow up last week's success. I was OK earlier in the week, but got cocky and ate a few bagels here and there and even stopped at McDonald's on the way home from golf on Friday. All those little "slip ups" add up.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The workouts went OK. Nothing exceptional. No breakthroughs. Obviously I'm noy happy about the weight gain, but it's another lesson learned.


No comments: