Monday, September 9, 2013

LES MILLS PUMP / COMBAT HYBRID - WEEK 8 - Week of 9/9/2013

MONDAY - SEPTEMBER 9, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Pump and Burn

I'm feeling really tired and sluggish. I know it's from not eating well, stress, and not getting enough sleep. I came home after work, laid down to take a nap, and woke up 2 hours later. That's tired. I'm glad today's workout was one of the shorter ones. I used the same weights I've been using lately (30 lbs on each side of the bar). The workout went OK.

Time: 35 minutes; Calories Burned: 268; Avg Heart Rate: 110; Max Heart Rate: 193.


TUESDAY - SEPTEMBER 10, 2013 - LES MILLS COMBAT - Combat 30 Live

I think this was the only Combat workout I hadn't done yet. I really wasn't in the mood to workout, but I think this would probably be one of my favorites from the Combat series. I liked the live setting and the time seems just right. I did work up a pretty good sweat and I kept up with most, but not all the moves, as they seemed to be more direct and not as choreographed as on the other videos. Or maybe I'm just getting more used to the combinations of moves they do.

Time: 33 minutes; Calories Burned: 293; Avg Heart Rate: 114; Max Heart Rate: 138.


WEDNESDAY - SEPTEMBER 11, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Pump Revolution

This can be a tough workout if you're pushing yourself with your weight limits, as I have. Once again, I used the same weights I have in the past, but today I barely took any breaks. I usually have to rest for a few reps during the Chest and Lunge sections, but today I didn't. The only reps I missed were during the Shoulder section, and I missed a lot of those. I was simply toast at that point. Other than that, I was happy with what I did.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 597;  Avg Heart Rate: 127; Max Heart Rate: 220.


THURSDAY - SEPTEMBER 12, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Flow

I'm getting used to this workout and was able to concentrate on the moves themselves instead of watching to see what they were doing on the video. It was a much more relaxing and effective workout, and I enjoyed it.

Time: 21 minutes; Calories Burned: 67; Avg Heart Rate: 82; Max Heart Rate:98.


FRIDAY - SEPTEMBER 13, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Pump Extreme

This is basically the same workout as Pump Revolution, which I did in Wednesday. I did OK, but think I did better on Wednesday. I rested for a few reps a few times during the Chest section. I only used 10 lb weights for the tricep extensions, only because I didn't feel like taking the 25 lb weight off the bar, and I used 10 lbs for the bicep exercises instead of the 15's I used the other day. Most of that was laziness because I didn't feel like changing weights. On the positive side, I think I did a bit more of the Shoulder section than Wednesday. Overall, it was a good workout.

Time: 61 minutes; Calories Burned: 588; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Max Heart Rate: 206.


SATURDAY - SEPTEMBER 14, 2013 - LES MILLS COMBAT - Combat 60: Extreme Cardio Fighter

I was feeling tired and sluggish all day long. I didn't even start the workout until after 9pm. I'm still not used to the moves and they were frustrating me to no end by just jumping from one combination move to another and then back again. Twice I just stopped for 15 seconds or so because I was so pissed off. At one point I even considered just quitting. I didn't, because I never have quit a workout, but that may be the only reason I kept going. My average heart rate was only 108, which shows I was doing too much watching and trying to figure out what they were doing, and not enough doing what they were doing. It's rare that I'm in a bad state of mind after a workout, but today is one of those days.

Time: 54 minutes; Calories Burned: 414; Avg Heart Rate: 108; Max Heart Rate: 200.


SUNDAY - SEPTEMBER 15, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Hard Core Abs

I did OK. Not much else to say.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 91; Avg Heart Rate: 100; Max Heart Rate: 130.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN
Weight: 192.2 (- 1.0 lbs)
Body Fat: 20.8% (- 0.2%)

Good numbers both ways. I'm trying to make better food choices. It's a step in the right direction.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

It was a good, steady week workout wise. Nothing exceptional, but solid. I was happy with the weight loss.

No comments: