Monday, September 16, 2013

LES MILLS PUMP / COMBAT HYBRID - WEEK 9 - Week of 9/16/2013

MONDAY - SEPTEMBER 16, 2013 - LES MILLS COMBAT - Warrior 1: Upper Body Blowout

This is the second time I've done this workout. It's under 25 minutes of main workout, but it's no joke. I used 15 lb weights and was really tiring on some sets.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 244; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 148.


TUESDAY - SEPTEMBER 17, 2013 - LES MILLS COMBAT - Shock Plyo: HIIT 2

Another toughie. Reminder me a bit of Insanity Got my heart rate up quickly and kept it up. Certainly a lot tougher than the regular Combat workouts. There were a few times when I missed a few reps because of fatigue, mostly in the Lunges. Otherwise I did my best to keep up.

Time: 29 minutes: Calories Burned: 312: Avg Heart Rate: 128; Max Heart Rate: 150.


WEDNESDAY - SEPTEMBER 18, 2013 - LES MILLS COMBAT - Core Attack

Not much to say on the workout. I did OK. I got winded a few times, but didn't miss too many reps. I'm really trying to eat better this week, but for some reason I'm hungry as hell today even though I haven't been starving myself at all..

Time: 18 minutes; Calories Burned: 102; Avg Heart Rate: 97; Max Heart Rate: 116.


THURSDAY - SEPTEMBER 19, 2013 - LES MILLS COMBAT - Inner Warrior: Stretch and Strength

I think this could be a really good relaxation workout once I learn and embrace the Kata's during the first two-thirds of the video. Right now they're just strange to me. But I felt relaxed when I was done.

Time: 18 minutes; Calories Burned: 59; Avg Heart Rate: 85; Max Heart Rate: 99.


FRIDAY - SEPTEMBER 20, 2013 - LES MILLS COMBAT - Warrior 2: Lower Body Lean Out

Not a good workout. For some reason I have an insatiable appetite this week. I'm trying to eat good, but it doesn't always happen. I ate about two bowlfuls of Cheerios about an hour before my workout. Dairy (milk) doesn't always agree with me, so that added to the problem. I was feeling a bit sluggish going into the workout and just wasn't motivated to give my all once the thing started. There were even a few moves where I missed a few reps simply because I was convincing myself I was tired, and didn't feel like doing them. Not good. Also, one thing I've realized, that as much as I like Dan and Rach (the main trainers), they just don't motivate me. Maybe it's the entire Combat program that's not motivating me. I find I can't keep up with a lot of the moves because of my lack of balance and coordination, and I get frustrated and lose interest. It's something I have to work on to get through it. With all that said, this could be a really good workout if I could get my head into it.

Time: 29 minutes; Calories Burned: 253; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 145.


SATURDAY - SEPTEMBER 21, 2013 - LES MILLS COMBAT - Hiit 1: Power

Another tough 29 minute workout. For the weight exercises I used the barbell with 15 lbs on each side. No problems there. I did tire when doing the Plyometric Lunges and I wasn't able to get in all the Burpee/Pushup/Squat reps. I probably got in about 60% of them. I'm still feeling sluggish.

Time:31 minutes: Calories Burned: 294; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Max Heart Rate: 194.


SUNDAY - SEPTEMBER 22, 2013 - REST


SUNDAY WEIGH IN
Weight: 193.4 (+1.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.1% (+0.3%)

I started off the week eating well and I felt great on Monday and Tuesday, but then started eating like a pig on Wednesday and couldn't stop. I bought some diet root beer last Sunday and went through a lot of it. I'm hearing that diet soda will increase your appetite, so maybe I just need to cut it out altogether and see what happens.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

As I said, I felt good early in the week because I was concentrating on eating better. It gave me a "light at the end of the tunnel", so to speak. I just need to make the commitment. I make the commitment to work out. I know making a change to eat right is a lot tougher, but I can be stubborn and do it. The wokouts this week were short, but tough. I found myself having to miss a lot of reps because I was tiring. I'm sure the bad eating had something to do with that. I have four weeks to go in this Les Mills Pump/Combat Hybrid. Let's see what I can do with it.

No comments: