Monday, September 2, 2013

LES MILLS PUMP / COMBAT HYBRID - WEEK 7 - Week of 9/2/2013

MONDAY - SEPTEMBER 2, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Pump and Shred

My body is really tired (eating like crap), so I was going to stay with the 25 lb weights on each side for the heavier sets. However, I decided to go back to the 30's on each side. It worked out well. I didn't have any problems with them except for my usual breaks during the Chest set. I even got through the lunge section without breaking. Overall it was a good workout considering how I felt going into it.

Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 409; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 148.


TUESDAY - SEPTEMBER 3, 2013 - LES MILLS COMBAT - Combat 45: Power Kata

Another new Combat workout for me, and another set of standing around trying to coordinate myself with what they were doing. For most sets I was getting it, but not going full blast, because I wasn't grooved into the moves. However. there was a set called Ginga (or something like that) that was so weird that I kind of gave up for a few seconds and didn't even try. I'll get it sometime. I worked up a bit of a sweat, but not much. My average heart rate was only 102.

Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 292; Avg Heart Rate: 102; Max Heart Rate: 123.


WEDNESDAY - SEPTEMBER 4, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Pump Revolution

Today is Day 45, the halfway point in this Les Mills Hybrid. It was a good workout today. I used 30's on each side for the squats, chest, back, leg sections. I used 15's on the tricep and the barbell shoulder exercises, 10's on the free weight shoulder moves, and a 25 lb weight on the ab section. I had to rest a few times on the chest moves, and more than a few times on the shoulder moves. I was drained by the time I got to that section. Overall, I can feel the muscles in my legs and back becoming more defined, and that's a good thing.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 569; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 186.


THURSDAY - SEPTEMBER 5, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Flow

Good, relaxing 20 minutes of Yoga and stretching.

Time: 20 minutes; Calories Burned: 94; Avg Heart Rate: 91; Max Heart Rate: 110.


FRIDAY - SEPTEMBER 6, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Pump Extreme

I used pretty much the same weights I used on Wednesday. I had to take breaks in the same areas, the Chest section , Bicep section, and Shoulder section. The Shoulder section is just a killer, even with 10 lb weights. Otherwise I did fine.

Time: 61 minutes; Calories Burned: 624; Avg Heart Rate: 126; Max Heart Rate: 215.


SATURDAY - SEPTEMBER 7, 2013 - LES MILLS COMBAT - Combat 60 Live: Ultimate Warrior Workout

I had a Fantasy Football draft earlier in the day. Of course I ate like crap. We were also in a garage with the door open where it was raining, cold, and damp. Between the bad eating and the chill I caught, I wasn't feeling too well going into the workout. It's the first time I've done this one, and I liked the concept of a live workout. Unfortunately because I had no energy and wasn't familiar with the moves, it wasn't a great effort, and I just wanted it to be over. Nonetheless I did get a decent, but not great, calorie burn for what I put into it. Some of that may have been due to the extra food I had to burn off, but I was still surprised by the burn..

Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 467; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 199.


SUNDAY - SEPTEMBER 8, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Les Mills Core

I did good. I tired a bit on some on the Cross Crunches, but got them in.

Time: 13 minutes; Calories Burned: 64; Avg Heart Rate: 93; Max Heart Rate: 110.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN
Weight: 193.2 (+0.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.0% (+0.3%)

Ate real bad yesterday.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I was able to up my weights to 30 lbs on each side for both of the 55 minute workouts without too many problems. I can still feel the muscles getting more defined in my back, upper arms, and especially my quads. Still not happy with the eating, but that's my fault.

No comments: